• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2nd String DC Sci-Fi
1 1

1,249 posts in this topic

This is a Bernard Bailey and I've always love the unusual inking and placement of blacks.

MGA_73.jpg

That's funny you should mention this one. I actually looked it up in GCD last night to see who drew the cover because it was so striking and unusual, and they list Lee Elias. I can see Elias in the faces.

The story is Lee Elias...one of his better fantasy tales. Very underratted book, this one is!

It's Elias. Late night posting. :sorry:

Nothing like an alien robot cover compliments of B. Bailey. Love the deep purples on this book.

BRAVE BOLD 33

Mort Meskin's cover plus the entire issue.

BRAVE BOLD 41

This one qualifies as second string DC, right. How can you go wrong here, heroic dog, dinosaur, A-bomb cover. Sweet!!

REX 11

:bump:

HOS003-RC.jpg

TOU016.jpg

My oh my, those are some swell books Z ! That HOS 3 is one of my favorite Cleo covers. And that TOTU 16 is quite rare in nice shape -- it contains that pre-JIM83 Kirby Thor story that you never see reprinted!

Bill

Thanks, guys. I've been doing much more oogling than posting these lately, so it was time to pay my monthly dues! And you're right, Bill -- the TOTU #16 is a real toughie.

(thumbs u

Thanks, guys. I've been doing much more oogling than posting these lately, so it was time to pay my monthly dues! And you're right, Bill -- the TOTU #16 is a real toughie.

(thumbs u

I think all of the lower numbers TOTU are starting to get tough. Decent looking copies are becoming far and few between. It's not like the good old days anymore where dealers had stacks and stacks of these on the tables for a couple bucks.

DRX

(thumbs u

I think all of the lower numbers TOTU are starting to get tough. Decent looking copies are becoming far and few between. It's not like the good old days anymore where dealers had stacks and stacks of these on the tables for a couple bucks.

DRX

Somehow I missed those days!

:bump:

HOM027-RC.jpg

HOS003-RC.jpg

MGA25-BA.jpg

TOU016.jpg

I'm in DC heaven :cloud9::takeit:

Picked up the TOTU #16 myself about 15 years ago.....has the fantastic Magic Hammer by Kirby (Thor prototype) But he looks more like Odin

That HOS #3 is unbelievable!! Just one word two words ............ friggin' AWESOME