• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sandman 9.8 ebay insanity

54 posts in this topic

I have been thinking about getting a Sandman 1 9.8. The price has finally dropped where it is more reasonable. Last Ebay: $262. That is my kind of price. Why did it surge to $600?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sandman-1-CGC-9-8-Vertigo-Neil-Gaiman_W0QQitemZ290213859489QQihZ019QQcategoryZ77QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hollywoods been trying for years to get a Sandman movie together. They just can't seem to get a -script and a director to agree.

Gaiman once stated the last -script he read was terrible and he gave up trying to help the process along.

Last I heard a Death movie was a go with Gaiman directing. Just waiting for him to find the time.

Hollywoods been trying for years to get a Sandman movie together. They just can't seem to get a -script and a director to agree.

Gaiman once stated the last -script he read was terrible and he gave up trying to help the process along.

Last I heard a Death movie was a go with Gaiman directing. Just waiting for him to find the time.

I find it extremely difficult to imagine a Sandman, or Death, movie, although I know scripts have been done in the past.

Death could be ok, since her mini-series are both solid short stories that could be adapted.

Sandman would be an absolute travesty - I guarantee it. I really can't see any way to adapt it as a movie, even as a LOTR style 12 hour trilogy. There's so much back story and character develoment essential to the story that would simply be dropped in a screen adaptation.

I have been thinking about getting a Sandman 1 9.8. The price has finally dropped where it is more reasonable. Last Ebay: $262. That is my kind of price. Why did it surge to $600?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sandman-1-CGC-9-8-Vertigo-Neil-Gaiman_W0QQitemZ290213859489QQihZ019QQcategoryZ77QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It actually hit $750 a couple of times - but then the sellers started bringing out a new #1 CGC 9.8 pretty much every week, and the prices dropped to a more reasonable level.

I have a some Sandman 1s in 9.6 I was thinking about selling but it looks like the spike is over. I guess I'll have to wait for something else to give it a lift. To me, this is a very undervalued run and I love Gaiman books and think there is a lot of upside over the next few years.

It actually hit $750 a couple of times - but then the sellers started bringing out a new #1 CGC 9.8 pretty much every week, and the prices dropped to a more reasonable level.

Hope my auction 'surges' :( Result coming up in 23 mins...

:shy: Sandman prices have been dropping for a while now - I think you'll be lucky if it reaches $300 US, unfortunately

Ah well, it's all good considering I bought that one raw for a tenner :grin:

You going to finish your Sandman set in time for the registry awards then? :baiting:

EDIT: Yay, it shot to just under $300 at the last second :cool:

:shy: Sandman prices have been dropping for a while now - I think you'll be lucky if it reaches $300 US, unfortunately

Ah well, it's all good considering I bought that one raw for a tenner :grin:

You going to finish your Sandman set in time for the registry awards then? :baiting:

Not a bad return on your investment (thumbs u

The Registry Awards? Yeah, if only :) With the 6 Sandman's I'm getting graded over the weekend, and the couple I already have at CGC, I'm missing about 13 books. Not bad for a 76-book set - but, man, these last issues are hard to track down ...