• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlando Megacon in March

21 posts in this topic

This will be the first year I've missed it since '99. Baby #2 is due that weekend. If only I could find a way to be there.... hm

Anyway, I had to hang out with that Bedrock guy all weekend last time so at least I won't have that problem again!! :cloud9:

It will be my seventh straight outing....going back to 2002, and my fourth straight helping Brent from QualityComix set up. Wow, its been that long since I moved to Florida?!? (shrug):insane:

Anyway, its a fun little regional Convention with plenty of other activities in Orlando to keep you busy if the comic thing gets stale for you over the weekend. The convention floor itself is filled with costumed anime folks, especially on Saturday, and there is a bit of a "carnival" atmosphere to the event. Its certainly a multi-media type event, with heavy representation from the toy, comics, animae, & TV show/movie/pop culture hobbies.

Bedrock has been there the last few years, and that has helped the overall supply of quality material. Al Stoltz of Basement Comics doesn't do the show anymore from what I've heard, but QualityComix, GrahamCrackers, Dale Roberts, Heroes and Dragons, and Koop's Comics all make the trek south to do the show.

And after looking at the recent exhibitor list, it appears Harley Yee will be doing the show for the first time that I can remember...woo hoo! (worship) So, if you come, plan on bringing some money, looks like there will be plenty of good stuff to buy!

The Forum Dinner is also usually a lot of fun, this year we may need to get a seperate room if our list of attendees keeps growing like it has. I think I need to start looking into a venue and start making arrangements.

To the best of my knowledge, this will be Harley's first time at Megacon. I had dinner with him and a bunch of other poker players a couple of nights in a row in Detroit and I seem to recall that he said that he had never done it before. I certainly have no recollection of him being there.

With the arrival of Harley, Megacon comes of age!!

(now if only I could find a way to be there this year....)

I will be there. This will be my first year setting up at shows with absolutely no newer product. I have gone strictly Golden Age to Bronze age, and could make a couple of the shows with lots of younger customers more of a challenge. Hopefully it will be good. The shows I did in the 2nd half of the year without newer product were very good.

On that note, if you guys who are going to the show would like to PM me with want lists, I will see what I can turn up in the next couple of months.

Seeya there.

I will be there. This will be my first year setting up at shows with absolutely no newer product. I have gone strictly Golden Age to Bronze age, and could make a couple of the shows with lots of younger customers more of a challenge. Hopefully it will be good. The shows I did in the 2nd half of the year without newer product were very good.

On that note, if you guys who are going to the show would like to PM me with want lists, I will see what I can turn up in the next couple of months.

Seeya there.

For almost ten years now, DR has been at least 50% of my Megacon budget. I've said it before and I'll say it again: DR's books :headbang:

(fishin for a discount :wishluck: )

Seeya there.

For almost ten years now, DR has been at least 50% of my Megacon budget. I've said it before and I'll say it again: DR's books :headbang:

Dale always gets some of my $$$.

Seeya there.

Dale always gets some of my $$$.

I will try to take good care of both of you guys at the show. I really appreciate the repeat business. It is guys like you who keep me coming back to the shows.

Happy New Year to you guys and everybody else too.

The Friday ceremony's not the problem so much as I have family and friends coming in from out-of-town. Also, my wife is planning a big party for Sat though I'm not supposed to know about it...

Jim