• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

ha ha. conan 3. Grim Grey God.

I don't know how on earth I missed that. I must have looked at it a million times. Maybe because it's so small relative to the grim grey god's face when you pull it out.

I kept thinking of hyborian woman being dragged off by harpies.

I was looking everywhere for a secret early barry smith cover, or thinking maybe you pulled out the conan prototype story from inside panels. It just had to be barry.

You weren't kidding when you said close.

ha ha. conan 3.

I don't know how on earth I missed that. I must have looked at it a million times. Maybe because it's so small relative to the grim grey god's face when you pull it out.

I was looking everywhere for a secret early barry smith cover, or thinking maybe you pulled out the conan prototype story from inside panels. It just had to be barry.

You have a great eye -- speaking of eye, I stared at the Ben Casey photo cover (greggy's quiz) for a minute or two, trying to persuade myself that it matched, then gave up.

When Bangzoom posted the answer, I realized that I was looking at the wrong eye! doh! So obvious!

Jack

ha ha. conan 3.

You have a great eye -- speaking of eye, I stared at the Ben Casey photo cover (greggy's quiz) for a minute or two, trying to persuade myself that it matched, then gave up.

When Bangzoom posted the answer, I realized that I was looking at the wrong eye! doh!

Jack

You think that's bad, I could have sworn it was a gold-key and a "WOMAN'S" eye!!!

Those greggy specs (as in nano-snippets) sure can fool you.

Next time he wins we'll probably get a pupil to find. lol

7xmz408.gif

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought it was Nick Fury that was watching the movies in that issue, not Steve Rogers. It was in Sgt. Fury #13, and Fury (n the movie theater) saw a newsreel about Cap and Bucky.

Maybe I'm way off-base, though . . . (shrug)

You could just be right. I was working off memory. So I will check when I get home.

Also, a scan verifies the answer if anyone has one.

The more I'm thinking about it, maybe you are right. He was with his girlfriend and they were watching a movie about cap and bucky. Sooooo... technically, you are a ^^

I think Fury was like, ah no big deal, and his girl friend was excited. Yeah, the question is spot on.

Just the detail about my question. The more I think about it, it was fury at the theatre, while cap was bunking up at training like a rookie.

Yep, just verified, right on both counts. Thanks for updating my old ratty memory. (worship)

Yep, just verified, right on both counts. Thanks for updating my old ratty memory. (worship)

No sweat! I wasn't 100% myself, until I looked around a little and verified.

So, that gives me 10 points now . . .

Next question: Give the full names of these 2 bearded dudes, and the title/issue in which the panel appears.

comic-quiz-panel.jpg

duh.. dave cockrum. xmen 105.

^^

Bingo! Chris Claremont and Dave Cockrum wrote/drew their way into the pages of X-men #105, featuring the battle between Phoenix (struggling to grasp her new powers) and Firelord. The pair are seen sitting in Washington Square hammering out story ideas, then have to run for their lives.

ok, here's the next one....

There is something slightly peculiar about this particular cover. What is it, and where did it originate?

8155yyt.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My pts. 14