• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

Your clues look great but I barely have a clue what you're looking for!

You're looking for Marvel Super Special 8 or their Battlestar Galactica series? Specific issue the panels are from?

Not knowing anything about Battlestar Galactica doesn't help with the rest. Starbuck and Boomer from Moby seem to have something to do with the show, but that's not a ship's name.

Maybe my rambling will help someone else.

Tough question for someone who mostly cuts off at the end of Silver Age!

Jack

interesting observation... hmm.. didn't marvel do a comic adaptation of the tv show, battlestar galactica... hmmmmm. hm

8b9ji8y.jpg

The helmsmen had a bad dream and was shouting something about, "they can't figure it out, they can't !!!"

Just before he woke up, I captured this stream of consciousness from his archives.

What does it all mean? What does it all mean?

You're looking for Marvel Super Special 8 or their Battlestar Galactica series? Specific issue the panels are from?

Not knowing anything about Battlestar Galactica doesn't help with the rest. Starbuck and Boomer from Moby seem to have something to do with the show, but that's not a ship's name.

Jack

interesting observation... hmm.. didn't marvel do a comic adaptation of the tv show, battlestar galactica... hmmmmm. hm

8b9ji8y.jpg

The helmsmen had a bad dream and was shouting something about, "they can't figure it out, they can't !!!"

Just before he woke up, I captured this stream of consciousness from his archives.

Hi Selegue :hi:

I'll repost the original question to clarify. The clues were just more hints to get the ol synaptic transmitters firing.

7xmib0l.jpg

I tried to ask the helmsmen to give more hints, but he's busy watching dallas reruns and cursing at bobby ewing. Maybe I'll get lucky later. He's eating popcorn and laughing, muttering "I knew they wouldn't get it, I knew it."

Jack

8b9ji8y.jpg

I'll repost the original question to clarify. The clues were just more hints to get the ol synaptic transmitters firing.

7xmib0l.jpg

I tried to ask the helmsmen to give more hints, but he's busy watching dallas reruns and cursing at bobby ewing. Maybe I'll get lucky later. He's eating popcorn and laughing, muttering "I knew they wouldn't get it, I knew it."

Shh... He's dreaming again.

85lh9qb.gif

Jack

8b9ji8y.jpg

7xmib0l.jpg

85lh9qb.gif

shocked no one figured this one out yet.

I'm trying to sneak in some clues here to get you to focus. All the clues are there.

6jg43o2.gif

Jack

8b9ji8y.jpg

7xmib0l.jpg

85lh9qb.gif

I'm trying to sneak in some clues here to get you to focus. All the clues are there.

6jg43o2.gif

Wasn't Starbuck Commander of the Galactica?

Jack

8b9ji8y.jpg

7xmib0l.jpg

85lh9qb.gif

6jg43o2.gif

Wasn't Starbuck Commander of the Galactica?

Katy Sackhoff plays Lt. Kara "Starbuck" Thrace on the modern B.G.

Dirk Benedict played Lt. Starbuck on the previous B.G. in the late 70s.

Look carefully, at Helmsmen's questions.

You've essentially answered the 1st question indirectly.

Cetacean

Man from Atlantis

Jack

Jack

8b9ji8y.jpg

7xmib0l.jpg

85lh9qb.gif

6jg43o2.gif

Man from Atlantis 1/2 winnah

now, just answer the 2nd, it's already been answered, just not directly.

It's just one word!! The ship name = ? (Lt. name is ?)

Starbuck

(but you'll have to explain to me what ship that is)

Jack

Starbuck

Jack

phew... The name of the captain's ship in the panel that helmsmen was referring to!

("Why don't you tell me the name of my captain's ship?")

71z4jm0.gif

Starbuck

Jack

phew... The name of the captain's ship in the panel that helmsmen was referring to!

("Why don't you tell me the name of my captain's ship?")

Considering I've never seen or read Battlestar Galactica or Man from Atlantis, winning (kicking and screaming) is a near-miracle!

Jack

8b9ji8y.jpg

lol:applause:

I went to bed before I saw that!

After that ordeal, a lighter question.

What were the names of Ignatz Mouse's children?

Jack

Milton, Marshall and Irving.

^^

Oddly, the few times I've seen the name in the strip, Herriman spelled it "Marshal". I double-checked in the Krazy Kat book I had nearby. I don't know whether he was consistent.

Take it away, BZ!

Jack