• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

my pts 18, I think. No one is keeping much track anymore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is at least one comic cover that has a 1st issue baloon, yet, it also lists a different double digit number on the cover.

Name one that has the following properties:

When the two digits are added, they equate to 10.

Yes, this is quite a predicament for June Robbins .. unofficial fifth member of the intrepid group known as the Challegers of the Unknown.

Challengers of the Unknown 6

:applause:^^

51092-challs6.jpg.2c0a9c1455150a9d5eaa51730d6bc0e3.jpg

I knew that was a kirby! Those characters are a cross between Scarlett witch and Apache Cheif. I kept thinking of early avengers.

Same here w/ Kirby. I scrounged around early 70s DC Kirby and such. Should have thought of Challengers!

Jack

It's one of those "recognized right off the bat" deals. The Kirby/Wood Challengers are beyond compare.

Next question: Who began his "life" at 103, but died at 104?

One for me!

Mister 103/4

Jack

^^

Yeah, I didn't find him on our site (must not be using the search engine properly), and thought I could slip this question past you. No such luck. :sorry:

Take it away selegue.