• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

I noticed that on #6 and wondered whether the WHIZ person worked for WGBS at some point in convoluted 70s continuity!

I wonder whether #1 should be "attends" or "works at" -- maybe there's another answer besides the one I'm thinking of.

Jack

Who are you thinking of? (PM if you like!)

I'm thinking of Angie Everhart, :luhv: but that's not quite what you meant, is it?

I'll pm you my possible answer.

Jack

TMI, TMI !!!

PM responded to, back to the drawing board....

Thanks.

To keep the game moving, how about the first person to get all 6 of these right wins this round?

You'll have to help me out on 5, but I think I know the rest.

(Probably anyone with the book in hand should sit this round out.)

Jack

Here's a few:

1. Who attends Milford High?

2. Who went to Maumee University?

3. Who attends Hudson University?

4. Whose address is 344 Clinton St?

5. Who lives on Wump St?

6. Who works at radio station WHIZ and WGBS-TV?

(poached from "The World's Greatest Comics Quiz" by Jerry Robinson)

Bummer. The answer is on page 54.

Anyone got 'em yet? :popcorn:

I'm formally the questioner here so am backing off.

Re #1, GACollectibles may want to provide the clue that he sent me via PM. There are also two additional answers for #1 that I would find acceptable -- one "attends" as an employee of Milford High, and the other is a well-known, real-life cartoonist that graduated from a real Milford High. We were considering the strange consequences if all of them were at the same Milford High at the same time.

If no one wins by tomorrow morning, how about 5 out of 6 correct? (I do have a nutty guess on #5.)

Jack

Thanks.

To keep the game moving, how about the first person to get all 6 of these right wins this round?

You'll have to help me out on 5, but I think I know the rest.

(Probably anyone with the book in hand should sit this round out.)

Jack

Here's a few:

5. Who lives on Wump St?

(poached from "The World's Greatest Comics Quiz" by Jerry Robinson)

Bummer. The answer is on page 54.

Anyone got 'em yet? :popcorn:

There appear to be two answers(as Jack mentioned possibly three) for #1, I guess we can give credit for both if someone can acutally get the one from the book!

I'll give a hint: The answer is from a strip that ran from 1950-1979.

Here's a few:

5. Who lives on Wump St?

Re #1 There are also two additional answers for #1 that I would find acceptable -- one "attends" as an employee of Milford High, and the other is a well-known, real-life cartoonist that graduated from a real Milford High. We were considering the strange consequences if all of them were at the same Milford High at the same time.

Jack

You can also add cartoonist Robert Crumb to that list. He attended Milford High School in Milford, DE for a year or two before moving to Dover where he attended Dover High School.

Here's a few:

5. Who lives on Wump St?

Re #1 There are also two additional answers for #1 that I would find acceptable -- one "attends" as an employee of Milford High, and the other is a well-known, real-life cartoonist that graduated from a real Milford High. We were considering the strange consequences if all of them were at the same Milford High at the same time.

Jack

You can also add cartoonist Robert Crumb to that list. He attended Milford High School in Milford, DE for a year or two before moving to Dover where he attended Dover High School.

You can also add me to the dummies list. R Crumb is the real-life cartoonist that I meant. I thought he graduated from Milford High.

Whoever figures out the other characters from a strip that ran from 1950-1979 (I am now convinced that this strip ran in my local paper when I was a child) can amuse themself by picturing Crumb in the same class.

Jack

(used to walk to Milford, CT)

Jack, Bangzoom got #1 right on his submitted answers, 1st one to do so.

No one has answered #5 correctly, let me know when this batch is done and we can post the correct answers!

Jack, Bangzoom got #1 right on his submitted answers, 1st one to do so.

No one has answered #5 correctly, let me know when this batch is done and we can post the correct answers!

Huh? You mean he got PMed the right answer from Robinson's book to you? Or the variant answer I came up with?

#5 is a killer! My guesses PMed to you were wrong? (not that I can win on "my" question.)

Jack

Oh, what a tangled web.

He sent me his list of answers, he had the correct answer(the answer in the book) for #1.

Thought I replied, but no, all those guesses were wrong on #5! I must have closed the window, because I did type in that your first guess was in publication shortly(ok, ten years) before the correct answer.

He sent me his list of answers, he had the correct answer(the answer in the book) for #1.

BZ is the KING of quizzes.

Thought I replied, but no, all those guesses were wrong on #5! I must have closed the window, because I did type in that your first guess was in publication shortly(ok, ten years) before the correct answer.

No, I didn't get the reply. That gives me a date range on the right anwer. Tough question!

Jack

lives on Yump Street, lingers long on Yump Street...