• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

^^

Congrats, Jack. :applause:

A quick one -- I think.

When Mr. Mxyzptlk made Supergirl immune to green kryptonite, she was exposed to six red kryptonite metors. What effect did the fourth meteor have on her?

Jack

When Mr. Mxyzptlk made Supergirl immune to green kryptonite, she was exposed to six red kryptonite metors. What effect did the fourth meteor have on her?

She grows a second head?

Was that a new quick-answer record?

^^

Jack

Thank you. I like the ones I don't have to do any research on (plus I've been busier than normal recently).

Here's a sample of Andriola's work on the strip from 1939. I would question the "his creation" bit since Charlie Chan was created much earlier by Earl Derr Bigger. All the Charlie Chan stories were re-issued by Mysterious Press in the '80's. See The Chinese Parrot below -

52940-Andriola-CharlieChan.jpg.a97243401c42b378e90e52f8c03e36b0.jpg

52941-CharlieChan-Parrot.jpg.25ad54db2bf1e53088e235ab4d839f0c.jpg

Here's a sample of Andriola's work on the strip from 1939. I would question the "his creation" bit since Charlie Chan was created much earlier by Earl Derr Bigger.

Andriola was the creator of the comic strip interpretation of the character. (shrug)

Here's a sample of Andriola's work on the strip from 1939. I would question the "his creation" bit since Charlie Chan was created much earlier by Earl Derr Bigger.

Andriola was the creator of the comic strip interpretation of the character. (shrug)

I know ... I was niggling ... :sorry::foryou:

btw, :news:

^^

It is Dickie Dare by Caniff. :acclaim: to you.

This illustration pictures an artist and some of the characters that populate his comic strip.

Identify the artist and the name of the strip.

pollyG22.jpg

Looks like Cliff Sterrett, 'Polly and her Pals'

Jack

(Noticed while replying -- the filename is pollyG22!)