• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

Name one comic book title from at least 3 different companies that had been used by that same company as a pulp title. That is, Company X had a comic series titled ABC as well as a pulp series titled ABC. Find at least 3 such company X.

Planet

Marvel Tales

Shadow

Name one comic book title from at least 3 different companies that had been used by that same company as a pulp title. That is, Company X had a comic series titled ABC as well as a pulp series titled ABC. Find at least 3 such company X.

Planet

Marvel Tales

Shadow

^^

Yup, respectively by Fiction House (you could also have use Fight Stories or Jungle Stories), Timely / Atlas / Marvel, and Street & Smith (with also Doc Savage and Bill Barnes). Another choice would have been Battle Stories for Fawcett which was used both as a pulp and comic title.

I don't want to kill the thread so I'll change the question:

First person to name 5 Cowboy & Horse teams wins. For example: Silver & Lone Ranger or Reliapon & Black Diamond. Hopefully that'll be easier ...

First person to name 5 Cowboy & Horse teams wins. For example: Silver & Lone Ranger or Reliapon & Black Diamond. Hopefully that'll be easier ...

Rocky Lane, Black Jack

Dale Evans, Buttermilk

Roy Rogers, Trigger

Lone Ranger, Silver

Red Ryder, Thunder

Hopalong Cassidy, Midnite

Monte Hale, Pardner (or Partner)

Jack

Rocky Lane, Black Jack

Dale Evans, Buttermilk

Roy Rogers, Trigger

Lone Ranger, Silver

Red Ryder, Thunder

Hopalong Cassidy, Midnite

Monte Hale, Pardner (or Partner)

Jack

^^ Take it up Jack!

As for the Four Color answer, I don't actually know all the answers even though IIRC Little Beaver is one and Bozo might be another, maybe The Little Scouts and / or The Brownies ...

^^ Take it up Jack!

As for the Four Color answer, I don't actually know all the answers even though IIRC Little Beaver is one and Bozo might be another, maybe The Little Scouts and / or The Brownies ...

:gossip: Jace Pearson of the Texas Rangers and Zane Grey's King of the Royal Mounted maybe? Might fit.

^^ Take it up Jack!

Jace Pearson of the Texas Rangers and Zane Grey's King of the Royal Mounted

Overstreet agrees with Little Beaver and Little Scouts starting FC, then numbered issues, then FC.

Brownies looks like FC issues only.

Bozo is interesting -- I never noticed that it was FC, numbered, FC, then numbered again starting with a new #1. Jace Pearson was weirder -- FC, numbered 2-9, #10 issued as FC 648, then numbered 11-16, then two more FC. King of the Royal Mounted might be the oddest -- D. McKay Feature and Large Feature, then Dell FC, then numbered, then FC. Zane Grey's Stories of the West is also strange with FC, numbered, FC, then topped it all off with a Gold Key issue.

Question later. Nothing on deck and I have a few other jobs to finish first.

Jack

^^ Take it up Jack!

An intense advertising competition between "Kookie Koola" and a competing beverage broke out in the pages of a long-running comic book. What was the name of the other beverage?

Jack

An intense advertising competition between "Kookie Koola" and a competing beverage broke out in the pages of a long-running comic book. What was the name of the other beverage?

I'm afraid this could be a "What have I got in my pocket?" question.

Let's try a blatant clue from the story.

51442-Koola.jpg

Jack

An egg? (shrug)

An egg is not a competing beverage!

(unless you suck eggs, and I wouldn't accuse anyone here of doing that)

I'll let the panel sample steep for a while, then resort to modifying the question if it's impossible.

Jack

An egg? (shrug)

I'll let the panel sample steep for a while, then resort to modifying the question if it's impossible.

Jack

No but you could have an egg in your pocket :insane:

An egg? (shrug)

Jack

No but you could have an egg in your pocket :insane:

or I could just be glad to see you.

Jack

(not "you" personally)

How about: Poopsie Koola or J.C. Koolaid (shrug) ... even though I doubt anyone would buy a product named Poopsie :sick:

Popeye's nephews might.

It looks like only someone with the right story in front of them will know the answer. I'll revise the question later today if no one gets it soon.

Jack