• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Never-Ending Comic Book Quiz

1,202 posts in this topic

Name three adventure heroes who began life as comic strip characters and were also featured in their own pulp magazines.

Flash Gordon

Tailspin Tommy

Dan Dunn (maybe with an asterisk)

^^

Here's another acceptable answer.

comicpulps.jpg

Name three adventure heroes who began life as comic strip characters and were also featured in their own pulp magazines.

Flash Gordon

Tailspin Tommy

^^

Here's another acceptable answer.

comicpulps.jpg

Winslow may be a slightly better call than Dunn, but they both get an asterisk. Sheena gets two (as if she doesn't already have them).

Jack

What about Secret Agent X. I didn't get a chance to verify his pedigree but wasn't that first and foremost a strip character?

Anyway, can't wait for the next question that Jack will cook up and for which I will have no chance of finding the answer :popcorn:

What about Secret Agent X. I didn't get a chance to verify his pedigree but wasn't that first and foremost a strip character?

I don't believe there's any connection between Hammett's Secret Agent X-9 and the pulp character, Secret Agent X.

Flash Gordon

Tailspin Tommy

^^

Before Sergeant Rock appeared on the scene, Easy Company included a Native American soldier. What was his name?

Jack

Before Sergeant Rock appeared on the scene, Easy Company included a Native American soldier. What was his name?

I didn't expect this one to be so hard!

It sounds like he's got a tractor in his moccasin.

Jack

Well, then... John Deerfoot? (shrug)

^^

based on the cheeziest clue ever!

If someone had looked at my copy on the Silver Age war thread, they could have seen most of the answer where the cover is conveniently missing.

50205-GIC66.jpg

Jack

:acclaim:

Here's an easy one-- in several issues prior to the introduction of Ras al Ghul, Batman battled a number of agents from his organization. Name at least 2 of them.

(I'm not counting the Sensei from the Deadman strip, only later ret-conned to be part of Ras' organization).

:acclaim:

Here's an easy one-- in several issues prior to the introduction of Ras al Ghul, Batman battled a number of agents from his organization. Name at least 2 of them.

(I'm not counting the Sensei from the Deadman strip, only later ret-conned to be part of Ras' organization).

Ebeneezer Darrk and Tejja

Jack