• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love the Cover but I don't love the price (although it may be very fair)

10 posts in this topic

Anyone have a guess?

Ironman Cover

Well, It's either worth thou$and$ since it has Batman and Batgirl on it(gotta be a first for an Iron Man cover.

Or, not worth anything at all for the previous reasons. :baiting:

And as far as covers go, this one is about one of the worst layouts I have ever seen. Who puts "The End" on a cover.

Sure you linked the right image?

50332-batadventures02.jpg.9e80e6a37ca3ccac96ee41aa9f900bd5.jpg

I like the cover, in a nostalgic kind of way. Tom Morgan actually had a pretty decent run with Iron Man but I can't remember anyone that really loved his work. He was okay, did his job, didn't really dazzle.

Because the cover itself doesn't really 'wow' (at least, it doesn't 'wow' me), I think the seller is asking a lot for it. Much more than it's worth. Artist's Choice offers a variety of Morgan/Iron Man pages, starting at $40 and running to $250 for a double-paged splash. This cover is better than any of the Artist's Choice pages but it's not THAT much better.

I like the cover, in a nostalgic kind of way. Tom Morgan actually had a pretty decent run with Iron Man but I can't remember anyone that really loved his work. He was okay, did his job, didn't really dazzle.

Because the cover itself doesn't really 'wow' (at least, it doesn't 'wow' me), I think the seller is asking a lot for it. Much more than it's worth. Artist's Choice offers a variety of Morgan/Iron Man pages, starting at $40 and running to $250 for a double-paged splash. This cover is better than any of the Artist's Choice pages but it's not THAT much better.

Thanks for the info, exactly what I needed. Looks like the price is off by quite a bit which means not much room to negotiate.

Thanks for the info, exactly what I needed. Looks like the price is off by quite a bit which means not much room to negotiate.

Unless he's just thrown it out there with what he knows is an outrageous price tag. Wait until the auction ends and make an offer ... worst that can happen is the owner says no.

Iron Man was a title without direction at this time, editorial wise it all over the map and in transition from 209 to 214. 215 marked the return of David Michelinie/BobLayton. That is the only cover Tom Morgan did until rather later in the title, his run began just prior to #300. First listing had a 4k sniff-price. Even with a reduction on second listing, IMO the cover is listed at 2x FMV or more.

Iron Man was a title without direction at this time, editorial wise it all over the map and in transition from 209 to 214. 215 marked the return of David Michelinie/BobLayton. That is the only cover Tom Morgan did until rather later in the title, his run began just prior to #300. First listing had a 4k sniff-price. Even with a reduction on second listing, IMO the cover is listed at 2x FMV or more.

Thanks (thumbs u