• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IRON MAN / SUB MARINER # 1

111 posts in this topic

The 2nd alarm:

his "ebay" account that he never did tell me what it was, nor has posted it anywhere. I did ask for references, and he did not give me what I needed.

Maybe I saved myself some grief...

CAL vs. the wanna-be's

We could not find that private message.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

I sure hope my computer is not the one that the link works for...

Tech-challenged CAL

Cal, I'm not trying to mess with you, but how can you fault the guy for having already agreed to a deal and sticking to it. If nothing else, you kind of have to respect the integrity that that shows. I think your offer and PM came after the book had already sold. Again, I'm not :baiting: Just my 2c

cal...let's stick to the facts....you expressed interest in the book...i sent you pictures of the book....now i never heard back from you....listed book and it sold..you contact me saying you sent a pm offering to buy the book..i explain to you i never received pm stating that maybe it was an error on my part but i did not know about your offer...i apologize for the error but i'm not going to go back on a deal that was paid for...how do i know you really sent that pm..did i say that...i told you an honest mistake was made..why can you not accept that and move on.. you seem to think that i had a personal vendetta against you...I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT YOUR PM..SORRY....as for you not wanting to deal with me that's your choice..but to be honest with you for that i am grateful.seeing as to how your reacting to this situation.

The first alarm:

1) "Gone for the Holidays"

then sells the comic THE NEXT DAY

2) To Lizards-2 or anyone else automatically siding with this "person" if you like how he does business - by all means he is for you. But I think all of you should just learn from this thread and basically saty out of it. I know you can't help yourselves siding with ANYONE against CAL but there will be others than can be what you obviously can never be: objective and stick to the FACTS.

CAL vs. the insufficiently_thoughtful_persons

Jack, if you look at your own post,

1. there are no PM's posted, there was an error in your text.

If you remember, lots of new people have problems with PMs

2.The way you started on this thread, it SOUNDED like someone else posted an :takeit: and the seller rightfully honored that. I'd certainly trust someone who honored that rather than take $2.00 or even $100 more.

3. Lastly, you make it sound like someone popped on the board just to sell one of your pets to torture you...it's not the case, he's had other books.

So...your posts just don't make sense right now. :gossip:

cal...let's stick to the facts....you expressed interest in the book...i sent you pictures of the book....now i never heard back from you....listed book and it sold..you contact me saying you sent a pm offering to buy the book..i explain to you i never received pm stating that maybe it was an error on my part but i did not know about your offer...i apologize for the error but i'm not going to go back on a deal that was paid for...how do i know you really sent that pm..did i say that...i told you an honest mistake was made..why can you not accept that and move on.. you seem to think that i had a personal vendetta against you...I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT YOUR PM..SORRY....as for you not wanting to deal with me that's your choice..but to be honest with you for that i am grateful.seeing as to how your reacting to this situation.

1) I asked you to forget about all of this and NOT CONTACT me - you sent me a PM( something you say you have been having trouble with) just 30 minutes ago

2) yes a deal is a deal - WE had the deal first.

3) You were "gone for the Holidays" you said and sold the comic the NEXT DAY? Oh don't bother to explain that away...

4) Well at least I know your eBay handle - now that it is to late.

5) Now please let it drop Mr. Integrity/made-a-mistake/whatever.. drop it.

CAL

someone gave me craap for the same thing not long ago. because i answered my pm's in the order they we're received and he got pissed cause his wasn't the first. then accused me of being shady with the transaction on the public boards. didn't even have the decency to pm me about it.

so don't even worry about it and just move along.

Cal, I'm not trying to mess with you, but how can you fault the guy for having already agreed to a deal and sticking to it. If nothing else, you kind of have to respect the integrity that that shows. I think your offer and PM came after the book had already sold. Again, I'm not :baiting: Just my 2c

Sorry Armydoc

The Seller contacted me first

I replied asap

He was supposedly "Gone for the Holidays"

and sells the book here the NEXT DAY

But it is no big loss to me - I already have over 1,500 raw ones anyway

It is I felt that I was treated unfair by this so-called "person of integrity" who only posted here TO SELL books????

His very first posts were to sell...

That is ok, but.... hm

someone gave me craap for the same thing not long ago. because i answered my pm's in the order they we're received and he got pissed cause his wasn't the first. then accused me of being shady with the transaction on the public boards. didn't even have the decency to pm me about it.

so don't even worry about it and just move along.

yes it is time to move along

Yes this has happened to me here before...

Maybe the CGC Boards should not allow Selling Threads...

I just wanted to establish how this person conducts business which to me is paramount.

CAL

Sorry Armydoc

The Seller contacted me first

I replied asap

He was supposedly "Gone for the Holidays"

and sells the book here the NEXT DAY

But it is no big loss to me - I already have over 1,500 raw ones anyway

It is I felt that I was treated unfair by this so-called "person of integrity" who only posted here TO SELL books????

His very first posts were to sell...

That is ok, but.... hm

I posted not knowing both sides of the story and with just the interpretation of how the thread played out. I hope you guys work it out. It's ashame to see someone end up in a scuffle within their first few posts.

your the one that sent me a pm which i respond to...if you think i'm going to sit back and listen to your bs your mistaken....i also know that i sent you my e bay id in that previous pm with the picture...my advice to you is to go pick up your pacifier which obviously fell out of your mouth and move on...

your the one that sent me a pm which i respond to...if you think i'm going to sit back and listen to your bs your mistaken....i also know that i sent you my e bay id in that previous pm with the picture...my advice to you is to go pick up your pacifier which obviously fell out of your mouth and move on...

LIAR

no you did not

here is what you PMed me:

cal....i'm out of town for the holidays...will send you a pic asap...if you need refrences i'm a vet on the spawn board as well as e-bay [over 300 +]..i would grade book as vf +..i'm really not sure what they go for but if your interested i'm sure we could work something out...i'm going to be selling all of the books if you might be interested in something elselmk...thanks

nick