• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Werewolf by Night #32...

23 posts in this topic

In my opinion, the Moon Knight series of Moench and Seinkewitz was one of the best of the early 80's remember, Batman sucked pretty hard in those days, and M.K. was out "Dark Knighting" the Dark Knight...

As we near the magical 25-year mark for the regular series, the folks that remember it with fondness are picking up the earlier appearances, both the "Wolf" books and the Marvel Spotlight issues, and taking aim at a big return later on.

-J

Another notable point with regard to this book is that I just never seem to see it in high grade. I'm sure those high prices are a reflection of that. juggle.gif

Edit: I just looked at the gpa and frankly I was surprised how cheap it was. 9.6s at only $500. I know it's tier b/c character, but still, that's a tough book in nm+

Well, I happen to be attracted to it because it was the first comic I ever read. That, and I always thought Moon Knight was cool. I'm just hesitating to sink that much money into it.

I guess the problem for me is that I still remember Werewolf by Night, Tomb of Dracula, Marvel Spotlight and Ghost Rider as cheap books I could trade from my friends for practically nothing. I still remember trading some Star Wars and Micronauts for a complete run of Ghost Rider, with the Marvel Spotlight 5 through 11!

It certainly is a tough find in anything above 9.4, however, back in the days of the past Summers. The book seemed to show up more often (much more often than it does now). Not sure why it's stopped showing up, there's still plenty out there. When I was looking for one I came across 3 fairly easily, so they're out there. Just not on eBay right now, I guess.

As for why it's popular, I can only say why I want it and that's because I like the character. The Marc Spector series wasn't all that bad (I've still got the run tongue.gif), nor were the other 1 or 2.

Brian

...the answers offered are correct. I always enjoyed the cover... even way back with my original collection. I had a copy or 2 of WW 32, 32, 37... they became very desirable books as soon as Moon Knight had his own title.

I remember seeing (2-3) 9.6's on Ebay around to 2 years ago. One was probably listed twice. Both had an angle miswrap though and were selling for more than I wanted to pay. I only saw 1 9.6 since and it too was askew. I'm still searching for a sweet 32 in 9.6 or above. frown.gif

We've discussed this before and I think the majority is that Moon Knight gets way too little props....He's a cool character if you ask me...

I mean, even among nationwide dealers the character is somewhat of a joke and I can't see why.

I don't have my Overstreet handy but in one of the market reports, one dealer is suprised because of the high demand for Moon Knight's first appearence....'I mean, it's Moon Knight for God's sake!' (or something like that, he says...)

In my opinion, the Moon Knight series of Moench and Seinkewitz was one of the best of the early 80's

I'll go along there. I remember being tremendously impressed with the early MK books. They seemd to be already "well developed" out of the gate.

In my opinion, the Moon Knight series of Moench and Seinkewitz was one of the best of the early 80's

I'll go along there. I remember being tremendously impressed with the early MK books. They seemd to be already "well developed" out of the gate.

Yeah, well, remember that they "practiced" in the back of "The Hulk!" Magazine. He'd been appearing there in B&W before leaping back to color in his solo book...

-J

Yeah, well, remember that they "practiced" in the back of "The Hulk!" Magazine. He'd been appearing there in B&W before leaping back to color in his solo book...

Well, this was a good day! Why? Because I learned something new!!!!!!!!!!

What Hulk Mags was he in? (See? didn't I SAY it felt already developed? 893applaud-thumb.gif) grin.gif

Well, this was a good day! Why? Because I learned something new!!!!!!!!!!

What Hulk Mags was he in? (See? didn't I SAY it felt already developed? 893applaud-thumb.gif) grin.gif

Moon Knight stories began in issue #11 (The book had been called "Rampaging Hulk" up to #9...). I'm pretty sure that issues 13-15,17,18, and 20 were all Moon Knight issues, with Sienkewitz doing the art from 13 forward.

This one is pleased to have aided you with his humble knowledge... thumbsup2.gif

-J

We've discussed this before and I think the majority is that Moon Knight gets way too little props....He's a cool character if you ask me...

I mean, even among nationwide dealers the character is somewhat of a joke and I can't see why.

I don't have my Overstreet handy but in one of the market reports, one dealer is suprised because of the high demand for Moon Knight's first appearence....'I mean, it's Moon Knight for God's sake!' (or something like that, he says...)

From what I remember, Moon Knight, Ka-Zar and Micronauts were three titles that got pushed real hard in the early days of the direct sales market. They sold well, but dealers ended up having large stockpiles leftover for "back issue sales". Perhaps the glut of these books has left a bad taste in the mouths of many dealers. I don't think it has anything to do with the quality of the books.

ECFANMAN