• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade: Incredible Hulk 4

25 posts in this topic

This comic and several others were given to me by my "future father in-law"... :banana:

I would like to post a few to see what kind of grades these are in...as I am fairly new to the grading scene....I've collected for several years...but just recently started getting things graded.

Would this be worth grading considering the age and significance?

And....include a grade, if you don't mind!

Hulk4front.jpg

hulk4back.jpg

Thanks.

Bruce

Welcome to the boards!

Can you rescan? It looks like the top of the book got cropped. Looks like a solid 3.0 (G/VG). I wish my Out-Laws would give me SA comic books!

2.5/3.0

Looks a bit nicer, but long crease and right edge tear, plus top staple getting loose?...

Yeah, there is some wear and tear on this book...but it's probably my favorite book because of the age and being just the 4th Incredible Hulk book ever....I guess it's sentimental value!

2.5/3.0 looks about right

One day I'd like to be able to "upgrade" to a better issue...but that's in the future...I have other books that I want more right now.....

Maybe one day!

thanks for looking!

Bruce

Only if you are considering selling it . . . and even then you might do as well selling it raw due to it's low grade.

Looks like a 3.0 to me. :whistle:

Bruce

Only if you are considering selling it . . . and even then you might do as well selling it raw due to it's low grade.

Thanks Divad. Looks like a definite 2.5/3.0 grade...which is fine by me! Not really looking to sell right now...but maybe sometime in the future! Like I said earlier..there are other comics that I would rather have at this time...I have my eyes set on a couple slabbed ones on Ebay...let's hope!

Bruce

I'd lean a tad lower now that someone has pointed out the rusty staple. that along with the likely loose upper staple, long creases, big tear, spine roll and stain on the BC might make this a 2.5..............

it's sorta funny because when you combine the initial cropped scan and the fact that the first couple of inches from the top are the best of the book, i was thinking we'd really found something here.......... :o

still, any of those first 6 Hulks are nothing to sneeze at........... (thumbs u

and welcome to the boards, Stud (and I don't mean you, David)..........

Bruce

I'd lean a tad lower now that someone has pointed out the rusty staple. that along with the likely loose upper staple, long creases, big tear, spine roll and stain on the BC might make this a 2.5..............

it's sorta funny because when you combine the initial cropped scan and the fact that the first couple of inches from the top are the best of the book, i was thinking we'd really found something here.......... :o

still, any of those first 6 Hulks are nothing to sneeze at........... (thumbs u

and welcome to the boards, Stud (and I don't mean you, David)..........

Sorry for the bad scans at first...didn't mean to get your hopes up....Thanks for the welcome.