• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Off topic- A computer question DELETED

37 posts in this topic

Pros of deleting cookies - basically you start fresh.

Cons of deleting cookies - you will have to reneter your name and password on such sites that require one (like here)

Thats the short of it.

Then that should do the trick? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Now, when I browse & click "Back" the highlight remains as if I had not clicked on it to begin with.

Ahhh - ding ding ding. Well, that is what SHOULD happen as "back" shoukld load from cache. Instead of clicking Back click on the Boards Menu MAIN Index. It is still a click like clicking Back but it will refresh the display for you.

Actually POV......my computer works like he says his used to. I can click on a thread, read it, then simply hit the back button. Then that thread is no longer highlighted as unread for me. It makes it more convenient that way than clicking on "Main Index" and then clicking on the forum you were originally in or having to hit refresh all the time. confused-smiley-013.gif

Mine works this way also bug, EXCEPT when it only takes me a few (45 or less?) seconds to read the thread, then it works like the "problem" he's having. Seems to be related to time for me.

Pros of deleting cookies - basically you start fresh.

Cons of deleting cookies - you will have to reneter your name and password on such sites that require one (like here)

Thats the short of it.

Then that should do the trick? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

WAIT! Just delete the one called "collectors-society.com".

At first I thought checking the internet options to check for a new page on every visit should cause it to refresh the page when you hit the back arrow. But it doesn't. It just fetches it from the cache without resending and refreshing the page.

When I navigate back to the CGC list, I usually do it by clicking on the hyperlink at the upper left of the page frame. Example: CGC >> Comics General.

Click on 'Comics General' and it takes you back to the Comics General list AND refreshes the page. If I use the back arrow and I want the page refreshed, I'm just in the habit of hitting the refresh button. It's such a habit I don't really notice how often I do it. smile.gif