• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM, X-Men and Strange Tales slabs for sale!!!

32 posts in this topic

The book is a beautiful as the scan shows. I bought it from Frederic here on the boards and he too couldn't believe the lower grade either. It's not like the back shows any wear either. It must be an interior defect. All I know is I'd buy every 8.0 of stuff that I collect that looked like this. I've decided to get rid of almost everything I own that isn't a White Mountain, hence these book are for sale.

BTW I usually use quick post, so I never have that smilies option but I did find it Danny...thanks.

Jim

The book is a beautiful as the scan shows. I bought it from Frederic here on the boards and he too couldn't believe the lower grade either. It's not like the back shows any wear either. It must be an interior defect. All I know is I'd buy every 8.0 of stuff that I collect that looked like this. I've decided to get rid of almost everything I own that isn't a White Mountain, hence these book are for sale.

BTW I usually use quick post, so I never have that smilies option but I did find it Danny...thanks.

Jim

I called CGC to inquire about the book was told there were some non color breaking line creases but what really set the book back is a bunch of brown spots all over the front cover. They if there were a few brown spots on the book it wouldn't be that bad but because there were so many, it lowered the grade to a 8.0.

Go figure? Anybody here had a similar situation?

So my entire OA collection is available for $200.

Jim

:takeit: The OA collection.

"I went down there and me and my dad came back and we talked about it and we made the decision that it would be a perfect fit," Henson said Thursday afternoon. "It's a nice area and we got it down to UCLA, Texas and Carolina -- and Carolina came out on top."

"It was getting down to the wire and I felt like I could make a decision. I felt like an early decision was better, rather than just waiting it out."

A versatile 6-10, 200-pound prospect, Henson is rated by Scout.com as the No. 6 power forward in the 2009 class and the No. 24 prospect overall.

"I really like the tradition and I really liked Coach [Roy] Williams," Henson said. "He was straight forward and he told me what I need to work on and where he sees me. I thought that was pretty cool for him to do that with me and we sat down and we had a nice little talk.

"I liked the whole coaching staff and Coach [steve] Robinson. All those guys are great, too."

Henson is averaging 22 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks this season. He said the Tar Heels' up tempo style of play was also a key factor in his decision.

"I love the system and the way they run," he said. "That's what I like to do, so that's what I felt would fit me perfectly."

Though he said throughout the process that it wasn't a leading factor in his decision, Henson was born in Greensboro, N.C. and has relatives that live near the N.C./Virginia border

----------------------------------------------------------

David Wear and Travis Wear, the 6-9 junior twins, made it known Friday that they'll be attending North Carolina.

They chose the Tar Heels over UCLA and Arizona.

“They came home from Las Vegas (Mater Dei played at Durango High Wednesday) and felt like they wanted to be done with (the recruiting process)," Dave Wear Sr. told Frank Burlison of Scout.com. "I told them `Let me ease your minds and you call the coach you want to commit to and I’ll call the other coaches.'"

The twins then contacted North Carolina and the two runners up -- UCLA and Arizona.

Wear said: “I told them “You know, you will be away from your family (if you go to North Carolina). And they said, 'We’ll be away from mom and dad but we will have each other.’"

It came down to a few factors for the two top 30 national players.

“At the end of the day, they felt comfortable (at North Carolina) -- at the school, in the community and with the coaching staff. And, ultimately, they wanted to bring the recruiting process to a close," said the father.

Was their father himself surprised by the timing?

He said: “This was rather abrupt because I thought (a decision) wouldn’t come until the end of the season. But they said they wanted to clear their minds and make a decision and focus on the rest of the season. And I can certainly respect that.

"It has already been a 2 ½ year process. It is a great university and coaching staff and a great opportunity for them. And we as a family will have to move on after the decision.”

Stay tuned to InsideCarolina.com this weekend for more on this developing situation