• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC's grading process

33 posts in this topic

hm

hm Nik bump . . .

:makepoint:

:foryou: It's like Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster. No proof but a lot of sketchy reports . . . .

So which one is you, Fox or Mulder? ;)

I forget. There was a thread on that a couple of months ago. Pirate is Scully. Someone else is Mulder. Jespersen is the Flukeman. I'm more like one of the nerdy conspiracy theorists.

Jespersen! :mad:

I think it would depend on the books

something well known like the Allentown 'Tec 27 or the Church Action 1 it would be pretty much impossible not to know who they came from.

Right, certain BSD books are well-known in the community and certainly come from one of a handful of people. I am reminded of the anecdote of Doug Schmell showing off a Daredevil 1 9.4 (potential 9.6) at a forum dinner. The same book he submitted shortly after. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to put that one together.

One would also think that large lots of certain types of books coming through at certain times would almost certainly be Heritage or CL submissions.

something well known like the Allentown 'Tec 27 or the Church Action 1

it would be pretty much impossible not to know who they came from.

Oh it's possible alright.

Any book submitted to CGC is graded by no less than 3 graders. These 3 graders have been genetically engineered precisely for the purpose of grading, and spend their entire lives suspended in a sensory deprivation tank, completely cut off from the outside world.

Put it this way, have you seen Minority Report?

Any book submitted to CGC is graded by no less than 3 graders. These 3 graders have been genetically engineered precisely for the purpose of grading, and spend their entire lives suspended in a sensory deprivation tank, completely cut off from the outside world.

Perhaps even Altered States?

Perhaps even Altered States?

Brain Damage?

v75705w581q.jpg

something well known like the Allentown 'Tec 27 or the Church Action 1 it would be pretty much impossible not to know who they came from.

Right, certain BSD books are well-known in the community and certainly come from one of a handful of people. I am reminded of the anecdote of Doug Schmell showing off a Daredevil 1 9.4 (potential 9.6) at a forum dinner. The same book he submitted shortly after. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to put that one together.

One would also think that large lots of certain types of books coming through at certain times would almost certainly be Heritage or CL submissions.

I was at that dinner and never saw the book or knew it was being "passed" around.

Ask the people that were there ( I think Brent was there as well as George and Stephen). Maybe you should DISCLOUSE that you don't know that the "anedote" is true. :baiting:

Sorry, couldn't help myself :sorry::foryou:

Everyone should look up old threads on this topic. Not just the "anecodote" but threads on this topic that I have posted about before.

The day - no the minute - CGC grades a book based on who submitted it...all the cards come tumbling down.

This fact alone would preclude any shenanigans going on, because the guys are smart enough to understand this. I can not honestly believe that anyone would chance their livelihood going down the tubes - not to mention negating all the hard work already put in towards this particular endeavour - on doing someone a "favour" in the grading room.

I may not always agree with CGC's grades, their philosophy towards restoration or the way they handle certain "calls" with regard to either the above, but I have no doubts about their integrity or their honour as it concerns grading

The day - no the minute - CGC grades a book based on who submitted it...all the cards come tumbling down.

This fact alone would preclude any shenanigans going on, because the guys are smart enough to understand this. I can not honestly believe that anyone would chance their livelihood going down the tubes - not to mention negating all the hard work already put in towards this particular endeavour - on doing someone a "favour" in the grading room.

I may not always agree with CGC's grades, their philosophy towards restoration or the way they handle certain "calls" with regard to either the above, but I have no doubts about their integrity or their honour as it concerns grading

hm sounds like someone is looking for a grade bump :baiting:

:applause:

I completely agree with this common good sense.

Conspiracy theorizing is however a natural instinct, and it won't go away easily.