• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supreme Power is a MAX comic?!??! Where's the goodies?

6 posts in this topic

I thought JMS was going to turn this series into Cinemax comic-style? Where's the sex? Where's the ultra-violence? The first issue we get a panel of Hyperion's two sex-starved pseudo-parents getting it on in the closet...the third issue we a get a glimpse of a woman's breast and some pot-bellied reporter's junk...no bloody fight scenes, hardly an ounce of swearing....

I mean what the hell am I picking up this comic for...the story?!?! (Which is a decent read by the way.. smirk.gif)

JMS said in an interview in Wizard that he planned to use the "mature" elements only where he found them necessary (how a reporter's wang is necessary is beyond me). Apparantly the female member of the group is going to be topless in most of her scenes. By the way, this is my favorite current title right now.

I'm into the title as well..lots of exposition...definite parallels with Supes and that whole "he is an alien and not one of us" theme going on. I can't wait for then to move on to the other members of the team and see how they tie them to Hyperion (Matt Milton?)

I'm into the title as well..lots of exposition...definite parallels with Supes and that whole "he is an alien and not one of us" theme going on. I can't wait for then to move on to the other members of the team and see how they tie them to Hyperion (Matt Milton?)

Well one of them is gonna weild the crystal that powered hsi ship..

but as for topless princess power...

anyoe see how wrinkled the hand was that came after the food in issue 2?

but as for topless princess power...

anyoe see how wrinkled the hand was that came after the food in issue 2?

Check out the preliminary sketches in the back of the deluxe version of issue 1. There's a sketch of the topless costume. I believe it says in that issue that they arent going to use it, but Wizard said that they will.

confused-smiley-013.gif