• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM DD #146 vs. my other DD #146

2 posts in this topic

So I had this copy of DD 146 that I believed to be VF- or so, and I tried to upgrade to a copy that had been graded NM-. But the new copy I got looks pretty similar to the old copy. Which one do guys thinks grades out better, or is it a wash? And, of course, what kind of grade would you slap on these? Hope that's not too annoying of a question... Thanks! :)

146-VF-Thumb.jpg 146Back-VF-Thumb.jpg
On this one, there are several stress marks along the spine and top staple. There are some finger print smudges on the right side of the front cover that I'm sure are mine, and it seems like a slight manufacturing defect has made it so that the book isn't completely straight on the edges. Also there is a tiny smush on the top-left corner. Otherwise, cover is tight, and cover reflectivity is high, and it's a pretty decent copy.

146-VFThumb.jpg 146Back-VFThumb.jpg
On this one, the stress marks on the spine are much more pronounced, and they run further into the middle of the cover. There is also a little more bleed-through from the first page through the cover. (note Bullseye's head in the center monitor) The edges are a bit straighter, cover reflectivity is about equal, and most of the white areas on the cover seem a little bit more white. The corners on this copy are also sharper than the corners on the other copy.

So... yeah... I hope that's not too much to be asking. I'm just hoping to get a better grasp on some of the finer points of grading, and these two books seemed like good examples. Thanks again!

EDIT: dammit... it's really really hard to see what I'm talking about along the spine on the scans... at least on my computer. This might be completely impossible to do over the internet...