• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preview of The Twelve #1

26 posts in this topic

Did anyone get the Twelve #0?

An actual story or just filler bios?

Pat

It reprints 2 (I believe) original GA adventures of 2 of the characters and the rest is filled in with character bios and sketches.

Did anyone get the Twelve #0?

An actual story or just filler bios?

Pat

It reprints 2 (I believe) original GA adventures of 2 of the characters and the rest is filled in with character bios and sketches.

There is also a few pages of preview to #1.

I have to say that although the story is very good, I just can't stand that Schlock (actually anyone's schlock for that matter as truth is truth whether we agree with it or not) where they try to rewrite history, and it happens every day. Whether it's America or Russia or Israel...whomever it is. Marvel at the very least could write a disclaimer stating that the story is ENTIRELY fictional.

I remember growing up as a kid and getting a HUGE amount of knowledge from reading comics. I learned how to read, how to spell, history, geography...all kinds of stuff...because as strange as it sounds...the fiction had some basis in reality. That was important to me. That there was some reality there. I guarantee there will be kids growing up thinking that this is the way history happened and Marvel just threw the superheros in.

2c

Yah, I've 0 - 2 and I'm surprised.

I'm rather enjoying it when I thought it would be pretty bland.

Interesting to see where it's going and how it will compare to Superpowers when they're both all done.