• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Market-Sales Advertising, eBay, Dealers, etc. forum is officially DEAD

48 posts in this topic

Good points. I think in the future I'll just offer stuff on the boards first, then move whatever doesn't sell here to my site.

So would I be pelted with rocks and garbage if tonight I deleted the 80 Page Giants I just added to my site and offered them here?

Nope, they wouldn't be in both locations!

So, a few questions:

1) Anyone have a problem with a board member that has a website listing books here in "forum only selling" if they are not listed on that board member's site?

2) Anyone have a problem with a board member that has a website listing books here in "forum only selling" which are also listed on his/her site if the prices here are reduced from the prices on the board member's site?

3) Anyone have a problem with a board member listing books here that they also have listed on comicconnect.com for 10% less here since the seller isn't paying a seller's commission here?

1) No. It's all contained here and advertises nothing other than the books themselves.

2) Yes. It can very much be a 'tempter', as I'm sure links will be used.

3) Very much so. The potential for conflict is boundless.

And this isn't aimed at you, Jeff, but how many folk try to use this as an eBay alternative already, without having contributed a damned thing to the Boards? And how many do you think would use it as a dumping ground if the floodgates were opened? (shrug)

Very well said! !

There have been a few people popping up lately thinking this is just a sales site. It's a shame, because the boards have so much more to offer, Yesterday I learned all about another artist, I had been unaware of.

So, I second Nik's ^^

So wtf is it you are complaining about then?

(shrug)

:shy:

Yeah, what?

Mr GAC :busy:

Err, don't mind me. I'm just mildly irritated that someone recently felt it was ok to ignore a violation of CGC Forum Only Selling Guidelines (even after a polite PM pointing out what I though might be an oversight).

So much for policing ourselves! doh!

So wtf is it you are complaining about then?

(shrug)

:shy:

Yeah, what?

Mr GAC :busy:

Err, don't mind me. I'm just mildly irritated that someone recently felt it was ok to ignore a violation of CGC Forum Only Selling Guidelines (even after a polite PM pointing out what I though might be an oversight).

So much for policing ourselves! doh!

I say out them in the Discussion thread.

It's real easy sell it here or sell it on ebay/dealer site. If we spam the selling forum with links to dealers sites and ebay it takes away the whole point of having it.