• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Comic Market-Sales Advertising, eBay, Dealers, etc. forum is officially DEAD

48 posts in this topic

I HATE HATE HATE posting in the Dealer thread. The amount of views my threads get there are soooooooo small.

However, I am a "dealer" with a "site" so I have to. However, I generally post something only for forum members so I can post there too :)

But, truth be told, I #$^$ING hate that thread section.

I check it fairly regularly but it's usually one of 2 things. Either the post is to an Ebay listing(s) or it's a link to a website. Don't the rules allow posting of individual books in that section? If not, maybe that's the change to make. If they do, hardly anyone does that. We don't need Ebay spam clogging up the FS forum.

I have to admit, I have not ONCE looked in the dealer/ ebay thread, but check the forum selling thread many times a day.

Exactly my point. There's a new thread today in the dealer/ebay forum about a new collection on the market. 400 raw Golden Age books. Sure it's an eBay link(with several pictures also in the thread), but I suspect many people who would have great interest in that thread will never see it.

I have to admit, I have not ONCE looked in the dealer/ ebay thread, but check the forum selling thread many times a day.

Exactly my point. There's a new thread today in the dealer/ebay forum about a new collection on the market. 400 raw Golden Age books. Sure it's an eBay link(with several pictures also in the thread), but I suspect many people who would have great interest in that thread will never see it.

But the same argument could be made about signature series listings or original art listings, too. If you don't go in there, you risk missing something. That doesn't mean we need to open up the general FS forum to ebay and website links.

But the same argument could be made about signature series listings or original art listings, too. If you don't go in there, you risk missing something. That doesn't mean we need to open up the general FS forum to ebay and website links.

I agree, I kind of like the idea of only having books listed on the selling forum that are only available there, it's a lot more work for me, I have to wait and list on Ebay later, so I need to do it twice, but as a buyer, I find it comforting to know I'm not in competition with a post on Ebay.

Damn straight! :sumo:

This forum has already turned into the Wild West. We don't need to run it off the cliff.

I'm apparently in the minority, but I always check the dealer/ebay thread.

Is this the CGC Chat Board Forum with the benefit of members posting CGC only member to member sales or is the site just another advertising mechanism for ebay, websites, etc?

I think the CGC Only rule is an attractive feature(esp when buying, even though more work if selling), and that the other advertising (ebay, websites, etc) should be left separate.

Is this the CGC Chat Board Forum with the benefit of members posting CGC only member to member sales or is the site just another advertising mechanism for ebay, websites, etc?

I think the CGC Only rule is an attractive feature(esp when buying, even though more work if selling), and that the other advertising (ebay, websites, etc) should be left separate.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

The fact that very few people take part in that forum shows just how much sh!te is in there.

It's not needed over here, thank you. :sumo:

:wishluck:

If there is value in the dealer link then it would be worth going to. Since it is so "valuable" why is it so dead? Taking away my sarcasm, people don't want the sales thread (or buyer thread) innundated with every website, ebay listing, or dealer stock known to man.

We tend to see things as they are today and not what they will become. If the number of listings were only what is currently on the dealer thread it wouldn't be a real big deal. But once it opens up, the ebay/dealer posts get more views (even though they are generally unwelcome, though not completely unwelcome) thus encouraging more use and then the selling link becomes less enjoyable as a whole. By limiting the listings, it actaully has more value as a whole.

Is listing here on the boards really all the hard if you are going to list it on ebay anyway.

Scans or pics are for both.

grading description for both

Step 1. Title,issue, grade and price. Add description as necessary - 20 seconds

Step 2. With additional Photobucket browser open and scans already uploaded (you have to do this for ebay anyway) alt tab and copy alt tab and paste. - 10 seconds. Add another 30 seconds if you use thumbnails but then its probably for 5-10 items in one shot.

Step 3. Preview, Edit, and Post.

Step 4. Press the back button. This actually helps as all the data is now there in the window so if you are selling the same title you can skip Step 2 and simply type in the correct issue and grade as well as the photo identifier.

In essense with decent preparation that you'd have to do on ebay anyway, you can list about 50 items in half an hour if the items are from the same title. Thats not really work compared to the 2-3 hours of scanning, and shipping as well as the additional listing BS you have to do on ebay for those same 50 items. I guess bulk upload is a decent option on ebay, but I haven't been able to crack that nut.

It's more work because as soon as you post the first item, the harassing PMs start from greggy wondering where the good krap is. :baiting:

My comment to "more work" was in reference to the small amount of additional time it takes to list the books here separately(whether eventually going to ebay or someone's website) as opposed to just linking to already uploaded items. And certainly was not a complaint!

Point is, it's there for those who want it...which clearly few people do.

It would therefore be quite contrary to bring it all in to an area that people clearly do have great interest in, thus cluttering the place up and making it that much harder for proper members of this community to buy, sell and trade with each other.

Just my 2c

I'm not supporting eBay links, or even big dealers. Frankly, I'm just thinking about me(selfish b@stard that I am). I have a very small website. In fact, there are many people selling significantly higher volume here on the boards than I am on my site. Calling me a dealer is really kind of laughable. And yet, if I want to list books for sale on the boards, I'm relegated to the eBay/dealers forum, where dust gathers and tumbleweeds tumble at an alarming rate.

So, a few questions:

1) Anyone have a problem with a board member that has a website listing books here in "forum only selling" if they are not listed on that board member's site?

2) Anyone have a problem with a board member that has a website listing books here in "forum only selling" which are also listed on his/her site if the prices here are reduced from the prices on the board member's site?

3) Anyone have a problem with a board member listing books here that they also have listed on comicconnect.com for 10% less here since the seller isn't paying a seller's commission here?

1) Anyone have a problem with a board member that has a website listing books here in "forum only selling" if they are not listed on that board member's site?

(thumbs u Absolutely! This is what I do(I have a small website, I'm no big dealer!). Anything I list here is either or it's way to the site afterwards, or sometimes will be pulled from the site and discounted here.

Big dealers can/have done the same thing, it conforms to the Forum guidelines as Forum Only listing.

So, a few questions:

2) Anyone have a problem with a board member that has a website listing books here in "forum only selling" which are also listed on his/her site if the prices here are reduced from the prices on the board member's site?

3) Anyone have a problem with a board member listing books here that they also have listed on comicconnect.com for 10% less here since the seller isn't paying a seller's commission here?

1) No. It's all contained here and advertises nothing other than the books themselves.

2) Yes. It can very much be a 'tempter', as I'm sure links will be used.

3) Very much so. The potential for conflict is boundless.

And this isn't aimed at you, Jeff, but how many folk try to use this as an eBay alternative already, without having contributed a damned thing to the Boards? And how many do you think would use it as a dumping ground if the floodgates were opened? (shrug)

Good points. I think in the future I'll just offer stuff on the boards first, then move whatever doesn't sell here to my site.

So would I be pelted with rocks and garbage if tonight I deleted the 80 Page Giants I just added to my site and offered them here?