• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Interest in this OA?

5 posts in this topic

This belongs to a friend of mine. Its page 12 from issue #2 of Howard the Duck.

Gene Colan did the artwork, during the series he was working on getting ready for issues #12 and 13 where the band KISS appears in the book. Take a look at the back of the page. This sketch was done by him in practice for the KISS books (as I am told).

th_IMG_2105.jpg

th_IMG_2106.jpg

So would there be any interest in purchasing and what would an approximate price be. You can flip it over in a frame if you get tired of one side of the artwork.

This belongs to a friend of mine. Its page 12 from issue #2 of Howard the Duck.

Gene Colan did the artwork, during the series he was working on getting ready for issues #12 and 13 where the band KISS appears in the book. Take a look at the back of the page. This sketch was done by him in practice for the KISS books (as I am told).

th_IMG_2105.jpg

th_IMG_2106.jpg

So would there be any interest in purchasing and what would an approximate price be. You can flip it over in a frame if you get tired of one side of the artwork.

That page looks like it may have come from the Howard the Duck Magazine. Brunner was drawing Howard during his regular issue #2. If it is the Magazine, it was created after the Kiss appearances. Can you see the date on the stamp?

I zoomed on the picture on the back from my original picture and it seems to say copyright 1973 but the HTD didn't start til 1976. I have the original piece of art at the store, will look tomorrow. Its page 25 from issue 2.