• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just rec'd an email from eBay, 50% off insertion fees

5 posts in this topic

When is it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Starting Tuesday, October 7, 2003 between 00:00:01 PDT (12:00 AM plus one second on October 7, 2003) and ending 23:59:59 PDT Thursday, October 9, 2003 (11:59 PM plus 59 seconds).

What are the fees?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all single-quantity Auction-Style and single-quantity Fixed Price listings in the Collectibles, Coins and Stamps categories whose starting price is less than or equal to $0.99, the insertion fee will be $0.15 on the U.S. site (www.ebay.com). The promotional fee will apply to listings created prior to Oct 7, 2003 and scheduled to start during the promotional period Oct 7-9, 2003.

Please Note: the discounted fees will not be immediately reflected on the site. You will see a credit to your seller's account by mid November 2003. In order to be eligible for the promotion, you must list your item in the Collectibles, Coins or Stamps categories during the promotional period.

All other fees (insertion fees for starting price greater than $0.99, reserve fees, Final Value Fees and all other optional listing upgrade fees*) will still be charged. If you choose to List in 2 Categories the insertion fee will be $0.30 plus double any optional listing upgrade fees.

What is excluded?

The promotion will not apply to any categories not listed above, multiple quantity listings, Live Auction, International, Professional Services and Stores Inventory listings. The promotional fee does not apply to listings with a start date prior to October 7, 2003 - including those listings revised during the promotional period. The promotional fee also does not apply to listings created during the promotional period October 7-9, 2003, but scheduled to start at a later date.

Didn't Darth comment awhile back that his experiment with 99-cent auctions went off kind of badly? As in, the 15-cent savings wasn't enough to offset the lower bids?

I feel kind of the same way, and if you're only gonna get one bidder who wants your books, I don't think it matters if it's $0.99, $1.50 or $1.99 in the grand scheme of things.

thumbsup2.gif My experience with the 99 cent listings was less than favorable. I found that the people winning them would have paid more for the item and were not predisposed to bid higher because they knew that more than likely they'd be the only one. I find that sometimes you are better off starting it at a higher price (9.99, 19.99, 24.99) and letting it run from there. This would apply to my CGC'd books...

For raw sales, like reading copies of the latest off the shelf books, maybe starting at 99 cents may work there? I'll give it a shot later tonight. Just pull the ones I have in my ebay store on over to the auction side 893scratchchin-thumb.gif