• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Working For CGC

109 posts in this topic

Is that not legally....discrimination hm

Yes it is. Too bad private parties can discriminate against you for any non-protected reason they want. Can't do it for race, religion, sex, etc. Can do it for: your hair looks funny, we don't like your stand on legalizing drugs, you said bad things about us, etc.

I have no problem with companies not hiring someone because they said bad things about that company. It happens all the time. Shoot, NOD won't admit outspoken critics!

(tsk)

Maybe not. But it's not because they are outspoken critics as far as I know.

Yes it is. Too bad private parties can discriminate against you for any non-protected reason they want. Can't do it for race, religion, sex, etc. Can do it for: your hair looks funny, we don't like your stand on legalizing drugs, you said bad things about us, etc.

I have no problem with companies not hiring someone because they said bad things about that company. It happens all the time. Shoot, NOD won't admit outspoken critics!

:hi: Richard!

(tsk)

I work in retail. If a person comes in and applies for a job and has a bad attitude and/or bad-mouths the product I carry (comics) I won't hire them. Not because I am being discriminatory. I will not hire them because they are not suited for the job they are applying for.

I work in retail. If a person comes in and applies for a job and has a bad attitude and/or bad-mouths the product I carry (comics) I won't hire them. Not because I am being discriminatory. I will not hire them because they are not suited for the job they are applying for.

That's it exactly...a lot of people mistake discrimination with not being suited or qualified for the job they're applying for.

(tsk)

Why? they can't dislike comics AND do a stellar job at their given employee duties?

Shoot...that exact protocol goes down every, single, day of a work week in this country hm regarding a plethora of people. That's hogwash to me, one certainly can be "professional" and not agree in totality with a companies mission statement, and or product offerings.

I think it very much IS discrimination, personally. You are essentially deciding to not hire the person BECAUSE they don't have a personal joy for your enterprise, and NOT because they are not QUALIFIED for the position they are applying for. I only did one year of law school folks, but that seems to be discriminatory to moi... (shrug)

That's it exactly...a lot of people mistake discrimination with not being suited or qualified for the job they're applying for.

I loves all peoples. peace.gifjsmile027.gifsmileycowboysmoke.gifindia.gifnativeamericanindianchiefsmiley.gifasian.gifsmiley3.gif:)

I loves all peoples. peace.gifjsmile027.gifsmileycowboysmoke.gifindia.gifnativeamericanindianchiefsmiley.gifasian.gifsmiley3.gif:)

I notice they're all dudes.... :whistle:

(tsk)

Why? they can't dislike comics AND do a stellar job at their given employee duties?

Shoot...that exact protocol goes down every, single, day of a work week in this country hm regarding a plethora of people. That's hogwash to me, one certainly can be "professional" and not agree in totality with a companies mission statement, and or product offerings.

I think it very much IS discrimination, personally. You are essentially deciding to not hire the person BECAUSE they don't have a personal joy for your enterprise, and NOT because they are not QUALIFIED for the position they are applying for. I only did one year of law school folks, but that seems to be discriminatory to moi... (shrug)

Nope, I am deciding not to hire them in lieu of hiring someone better suited instead.

Monumental difference. (This was covered in one of the years of law school you missed)

I guess we all see what we want to see, my friend. :angel:

Well it's a safe bet the cowboy one is male. hm

Excuse me polite sir, but are you implying that women can't wear big hats, have shaved heads and smoke cigars?

Excuse me polite sir, but are you implying that women can't wear big hats, have shaved heads and smoke cigars?

We all have our limitations, esteemed colleague :foryou:

:cloud9:

Hired!

If I lived in Houston, I would work for Richard in a heartbeat.

Not to imply that any of the rest of you generous people would be less accommodating. <3

My wife brought this up out of the blue the other day and asked me would I consider working for CGC, and doing what I love best, which is being near comics all day long lol

I actually always wondered about it once I retire from my current profession.

So maybe the boys from CGC can chime in with what the process would be in joining the team hm

Has anyone else ever considered joining CGC?

As you can tell, I am bored as all hell and have not been able to work for 3 weeks and counting :cry:

I've been asked more along the lines of whether I wanted to buy CGC.

If I do Nik, consider yourself hired! (thumbs u

I've been asked more along the lines of whether I wanted to buy CGC.

More info, please :popcorn: