• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first submission results!

48 posts in this topic

I hope you all don't mind me posting this here. It's my first submission so naturally I find it more interesting than it probably is to anyone else! Please forgive my self-indulgence, but I wanted to share :shy:

I think I got what every first-timer deserves. Enough gravy to make the whole thing worthwhile, and a couple of slaps on the wrist!

First was the pick of my own 'OO' copper Spideys.

ASM238.jpg

Exactly as expected. Good enough! I bought these as a teenager and took what I considered to be obsessively good care of them. My brothers thought I was... :screwy:

I won't show you the 239, suffice to say it came back 9.0 doh! I must have missed something (maybe my brothers got to it).

ASM300.jpg

:banana: Again, as expected (although I secretly dreamed of a 9.8). It has a single tiny NCB ding on the rear of the spine that doesn't show from the front. After I sent it I wondered whether it might have been possible to 'smooth' this defect out, but never mind. This baby will pay for the whole submission and shipping (thumbs u

More to follow...

I thought I'd try a couple of mags too. Here's where I get my first reality check!

SavageSword1.jpg

doh!doh!doh!

I honestly thought it was 9.2 material lol Never mind, I'll keep it for decorative purposes. I love this issue and it still looks good!

My other mag was rather more successful:

Vampirella2.jpg

:banana: Almost better than I'd hoped with that crease in the middle of the spine!

Both of these mags were ebay purchases from the last year. The Vampi was sold as 'mint', which it clearly wasn't, but the price was good for what turned out to be a 9.0 :)

Those are awesome...

Too bad you didn't send that ASM 300 in a year ago

because you could of made a killing!

:headbang:

what has a 9.6 slipped down to (shrug)

I know any grade of the book was red hot last year, but still this is one of the new breed of mod's that's got some staying power in the value stakes, no?

I hope you all don't mind me posting this here. It's my first submission so naturally I find it more interesting than it probably is to anyone else! Please forgive my self-indulgence, but I wanted to share :shy:
Don't mind at all...it's always exciting sharing those CGC submissions :banana:

Those are awesome...

I know any grade of the book was red hot last year, but still this is one of the new breed of mod's that's got some staying power in the value stakes, no?

Dunno but I have bought a bunch of Raw one from my LCS for around $75 a pop, and they are all pretty nice

That first one is exciting and I think every person is entitled to post their results without fear of flames. Congrats.

Thanks! Last two coming up...

I clearly remember buying this one. In 1992 the comic shop was always chockablock on Saturdays, as comic collecting mania was upon us. This day everyone was talking about the new Vampirella comic, because of the racy cover! I was only in there for my Marvels, but this one time I thought I'd try something different (I still like the cover) :grin:

VampirellaHarris1.jpg

Look at that, I submitted something that's tied for top of census (1 of 12). Yay me!

Finally, as an afterthought, I chucked in this bronze Spidey. I was packing up the comics at my girlfriend's place and had the urge to add some more. All I had to hand was a longbox of bronze Spidey's I'd just bought off another collector, so I leafed through it and pulled this one out as a likely candidate.

ASM191.jpg

Nice! I regretted putting that one in as I later convinced myself it was going to come back 9.0 or less, so that was a nice surprise.

All in all I'm more than happy with the results. I've learned some lessons, but got enough good stuff to make it a happy occasion rather than a disappointment (which I feared!).

Next time it's going to be a stack of 30 copper goodies from my stash :cool:

Dude, you're selling the ASM 300? :sorry: Nerf's right though, you'd have made a killing on it this time last year. I do believe, however, that this book isn't going to drop off the radar. Might not see the same sale spikes it recently enjoyed, but it's a good story, great art, and the 1st appearance of a major Spidey villain.

Dude, you're selling the ASM 300? :sorry: Nerf's right though, you'd have made a killing on it this time last year. I do believe, however, that this book isn't going to drop off the radar. Might not see the same sale spikes it recently enjoyed, but it's a good story, great art, and the 1st appearance of a major Spidey villain.

I have 4 more raw copies (thumbs u

ASM300s.jpg

As Cal would say, my 'pets' :grin:

Those are awesome...

Dunno but I have bought a bunch of Raw one from my LCS for around $75 a pop, and they are all pretty nice

Looking at recent ebay sales, it routinely sells for $250 in 9.6.

Those are awesome...

I think currently this is in the $250 range with White pages.

Last year this was pulling in in some cases

well over $400 and the pages weren't even white.

Does anyone have more info on last years spike?

hm

Right now under recent market conditions, the ASM 300 CGC 9.6 has been fetching between $220ish & $270ish consistently.

At the peak of the movie hype, it was getting anywhere from 40%-60% more than that :o

Links coming your way for past auctions................