• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman bar codes?..

4 posts in this topic

I am just wonderng why on some comics you can find a picture of spidermans head on front cover where the bar code should be?.. Is there some reason why they did this?.. Also I remember being in a comic shop one time picking out some transformers comics when I was a kid & some guy came along and started trying to talk me out of buying them because they were rarer than the regular ones with the bar code...

Is this true?..

& no he didn't get the comics I had gone a long way to get them and wasn't going to be giving them up to some guy that I beat there by about 10 min for whatever reason! Finding out that made them "rare" only made my score all the sweeter! I got a lot that day but I think the other guy still wound up with some stuff so don't feel too bad

So how were the comic shops suppose to know the prices ? :D :D My guy finds it a pain in the enough when the bar code is on the back or they don't have the CDN price on :S (we just look at other books for the same price for that heh!)

hmm if thats the case I wonder which would be harder to find... I would think there would be more out there in good shape WITH spidey heads... Would something like this really make a difference in the value of a book?..

The book still had the price on it. The barcode was only to make it easy for people to scan the comic book for sale.

To me, it doesn't make a difference at all. Of the thousands and thousands of backissues I have, I price them no differently based upon this characteristic.