• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Don't wanna cause trouble, but I couldn't hold it in any longer!

59 posts in this topic

Vigilante Dachshund fan mail received today:

"I wish to remain anonymous in this matter, but ebayer "eyal_78" is on the buying end of books being sold by seller "cuteypie82", who was the subject of this thread.

X-men 1 bought by eyal_78

Same copy of X-men 1 for sale by cuteypie82

X-men 2 bought by eyal_78

Same X-men 2 for sale by cuteypie82

Journey into Mystery 83 bought by eyal_78

Same Journey into Mystery 83 for sale by cuteypie82.

And finally, the payoff:

A restored AF 15 bought by eyal_78

The same AF15 for sale by cuteypie82 as unrestored! ... (edited to protect this person's identity)"

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

"I wish to remain anonymous in this matter, but ebayer "eyal_78" is on the buying end of books being sold by seller "cuteypie82", who was the subject of this thread.

And finally, the payoff:

The same AF15 for sale by cuteypie82 as unrestored! ... (edited to protect this person's identity)"

Mmmmm...isn't the bidder a forum member or affiliated with a forum member who said that he just sold all his CGC books so he can enjoy his books again? The same guy who tried to sell a 9.6 Iron Man 55 that had over 10 spine stresses. The auction which coincedentally got ended early after you made a thread? Plus, that guy lives in Baltimore also. Who can it be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Mmmmm...isn't the bidder a forum member or affiliated with a forum member who said that he just sold all his CGC books so he can enjoy his books again? The same guy who tried to sell a 9.6 Iron Man 55 that had over 10 spine stresses. The auction which coincedentally got ended early after you made a thread? Plus, that guy lives in Baltimore also. Who can it be? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

Other than the AF 15, which is very very bad. It looks like he's going to end up losing money on most of these. This would be really bad if he actually listed higher grades on the books.

Brian

That's what my initial thoughts were as well. Hard to see what really happens in a "private" auction with 5 days to go ( the bidding has just begun!). The amount that can be made on an unrestored AF #15 could make up for all of the auctions combined... also the exposure caused by the AF #15 could also further drive some interest and or bids on the other books.

I remember eyal_78 buying a board member's book and flipping it on ebay grossly overgraded. 893whatthe.gif

You are a fool if you invest in comic books. The CGC craze is settling down and ALL price values on books are dropping. However, you can be a complete insufficiently_thoughtful_person and buy 1 or 2 books for $5000 and one day wake up and realize that you spent 5G's on a couple of magazines. Also, when you try to sell those books on the open market you will see your returns drop tremendously. Take my advice -- take that 5K and spend it on your women, your kids, your family, your life experience (vacations etc.) AND NOT ON A FEW LOOSELY BOUND PAGES!!!!!!

Collect comics for the FUN OF IT...I actually enjoy READING what's inside of them. Comics had a huge impact and influence on my life...they have given me confidence, creativeness, a unique perspective on life as well as shaped my strong moral and ethical perspectives on life.

My 2 pence news.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

And finally, the payoff:

A VERY QUESTIONABLE EBAYER FROM THE START AS TO HIS NEGATIVE FEEDBACK WAS 6 ALMOST A YEAR AGO.I THOUGHT HE WAS COMING AROUND. frown.gif

Davidking623

Scans of books bought by the perpetrator. The AF 15 was bought as a CGC restored (this is the scan of the book offered by cutiepie after de-slabbing), the TOS was bought by eyal_78 (although I've not seen it offered by cutiepie), and the X-men 1 was bought raw, but has a distinct tell-tale grey area along the right side of the cover which should help identify the seller in the event another shill is created to fence his wares. Can't tell where the Spidey 1 or Hulk 1 came from...but can only guess!! Oh...he also bought a "No. 1 Action Comics Reprint PERFECT cond 1938"!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

And here's the list of books that were offered:

Fantastic Four #4 - Fantastic!!!

Fantastic Four #4 - Fantastic!!!

X-Men 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 - Excellent!!

X-Men 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 - Excellent!!

X-Men #1 - Awesome!!

X-Men #1 - Beautiful!!

X-Men #2 - Beautiful!!

Tales of Suspense #39 - Excellent!!!

Strange Tales #135 - Excellent!

Strange Tales #110 - Excellent!

Amazing Spider-Man #1 - Beautiful!!!

Amazing Spider-Man #2 & #3 - Beautiful!!!

Showcase #34 - Amazing!!!

Justice League of America #'s 1-4 - Excellent

Journey into Mystery #83 - Magnificent!!

Incredible Hulk #6 - Excellent!!!

Incredible Hulk #3 - Excellent!!!

Incredible Hulk #1 - Excellent!!!

Green Lantern #1 - Beautiful!!

Flash #105 - Excellent!!!

Fantastic Four #'s 7 and 8 - Fantastic!!!

Fantastic Four #2 - Fantastic!!!

Daredevil #'s 2, 3, 4 & 5 - Excellent!!!

Daredevil #'s 1 & 2 - Excellent!!!

Brave & the Bold #'s 72, 74 & 76 - Awesome!!

Brave & the Bold #'s 68, 69, 70 & 71 - Great!

Brave & the Bold #'s 57, 58, 65, 67- Great!

Brave & the Bold #'s 50, 53, 55, 56- Great!

Brave & the Bold #34 - Excellent!!!

Brave & the Bold #28 - Excellent!!!

Avengers #'s 2 & 3 - Excellent!!!

Avengers #'s 1 & 2 - Excellent!!!

Amazing Fantasy #15 - Excellent!!!

Amazing Fantasy #15 - Beautiful!!!

af15eyal.jpg

xmen1eyal.jpg

tos39restored.jpg

as1eyal.jpg

hulk1eyal.jpg