• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what do you think about panels that are pasted into the OA?

7 posts in this topic

Don't know if it's been brought up before but I'd like some thoughts on this. Say you're looking at getting a piece of art and you're told that in one panel, the artist drew it on a separate art board and pasted it in with the rest of the page. Since it's real art and not a stat would that detract you from getting the piece or would it not matter to you? Would it be worth less to you?

Don't know if it's been brought up before but I'd like some thoughts on this. Say you're looking at getting a piece of art and you're told that in one panel, the artist drew it on a separate art board and pasted it in with the rest of the page. Since it's real art and not a stat would that detract you from getting the piece or would it not matter to you? Would it be worth less to you?

Absolutely not.

When I was collecting complete EC stories during the 1980s, it was not uncommon to find art paste-ups. Usually, to replace a panel that was changed (because the artist wanted to improve, or the editor asked for an alteration).

If anything, I welcomed these types of paste-ups - as you could usually remove the pasted-up correction and have an unpublished panel of art underneath.

You have to remember original comic-book artworks are part of a production process.

I personally think it's fine.

Ocassionally you will come across a page from the 1970's where a panel will be cut out completely and replaced with a new redrawn panel inserted in the "hole" and taped from behind with masking tape. From the front, you couldn't really tell.

Cheers!

N