• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a Forum get together planned in the UK for 2008 open to all?

53 posts in this topic

I'd be in if it's London based.

A good suggestion might be the comic convention thats on in February in Regents Park - dinner after ?

(shrug)

Not heard about that? What's the score?

I went to one in Regents Park in November and they said the next one was Feb 4th. Ill find out more for you!

Are we talking about the Sunday show at the National on Bedford Way?

Next one of those is on the 3rd Feb Nick,which means if there's a show on the 4th it would be on a Monday. (shrug)

That sounds about right - place behind the British museum ?

Yeah. About a mile from Regents Park. :insane:

Problem with meeting there is...

(1) It's a bunch of arse and I'd rather stick pins in my eyes than attend.

(2) It's a school night and 8 pints of Fosters won't help Garry keep the tractor out of the ditches the next morning.

(2) It's a school night and 8 pints of Fosters won't help Garry keep the tractor out of the ditches the next morning.

I'll be setting up as usual at the "bunch of arse" meh so I may not be feeling particularly in the mood for a knees-up as I'll be knackered.

A Thursday or Friday night is always best, but other than that I'm not fussed.

I'll be setting up as usual at the "bunch of arse" meh so I may not be feeling particularly in the mood for a knees-up as I'll be knackered.

Oh you are one of the sellers. Do you have a database online I could look at before the convention?

Are there any Big shows in the UK planned between the months of June-August? If so, any links to see who might be there signing? thanks in advance.

Nope, none planned for the Summer months.

The only shows that have signings in England are the annual Bristol show, which is in May, and possibly the Birmingham expo in October. The Bristol show usually has a couple of U.S. artists, as well as Mike Ploog, who now lives in Cornwall and always attends.

Oh you are one of the sellers. Do you have a database online I could look at before the convention?

:gossip: Check his sig line. (thumbs u

Yep. As it states in the homepage, if you want me to bring anything specific to the show, lmk....

Andy, I think next time, we book at Joe Allens in advance...better than the burger bar, I reckon. :insane:

(And that was Stacy's ing idea, because it stocked New Zealand beer...which he then proceeded not to drink. meh )

lol

Joe Allens was definitely better. As penance Stacy will be providing the beers....

Yep. As it states in the homepage, if you want me to bring anything specific to the show, lmk....

Great - will PM you in advance - thanks a lot :)

Andy, I think next time, we book at Joe Allens in advance...better than the burger bar, I reckon. :insane:

(And that was Stacy's ing idea, because it stocked New Zealand beer...which he then proceeded not to drink. meh )

NZ Beer sucks monkey balls......give me a pint of Stella or Tennants Extra any day !

Actually, it might help me keep the tractors out of the ditches. :tonofbricks:

Did I fail to point out that Andy is exempted from the 'bunch of arse' comment? :insane:

A bit 'Life Of Brian', but...apart from Goldust Comics, it's a bunch of arse. (thumbs u

Hey, what about when I set up there? :o:sumo:

lol

Joe Allens was definitely better. As penance Stacy will be providing the beers....

I like your thinking Andy. ^^

lol

No fair :eek:

I show you the way to a healthier life style, and I derided for it...where's the thanks (shrug)

And Andy, as long as some hot young girl comes up to you again insisting you off the TV, I'm all game for another gathering....beer inclusive or not ;)

NZ Beer sucks monkey balls......give me a pint of Stella or Tennants Extra any day !

I heard the other week there's a new Steinlarger light now out...entirely natural ingrediants. So you no longer get a stinging headache the next day...not that I've ever drank one. lol

(JJ, I'm happy to wait the next day turnaround on your reply (thumbs u)