• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll pound you to a "Pulp" if you don't show off yours!
23 23

9,222 posts in this topic

5#11 (strange book - my copy has all slick pages, RedFury's copy is all pulp paper, and Bangzoom's copy is half-half (shrug) ):

AmazStories511.jpg

The back covers on many of these early AS's are very cool too. One is kind of comical. You'll know what I mean when you see it. lol

4#7 (I really like this cover for some reason):

AmazStories47.jpg

I really like it too (thumbs u

+1. As if it wasn't enough to have those giant, green, gentle critters, apparently there is a race of people that are twice as tall as ordinary humans. Classic!

:applause:

:applause: It is a memorable cover.

One of the best - I think I prefer this to the classic skeleton in the curtain cover. How often do you see a dapper skeleton on a pulp or comic cover.

It happens :whistle:

111091.jpg.2984728091a626a52f12a5c268e4c93c.jpg

4#7 (I really like this cover for some reason):

AmazStories47.jpg

I really like it too (thumbs u

+1. As if it wasn't enough to have those giant, green, gentle critters, apparently there is a race of people that are twice as tall as ordinary humans. Classic!

:applause:

Its a good one! (thumbs u My first AMAZING bedsheet way back in the day.

Those green lizards look like the dew backs in Star Wars... I wonder... hm

Wonderful group Steve!

:applause: It is a memorable cover.

One of the best - I think I prefer this to the classic skeleton in the curtain cover. How often do you see a dapper skeleton on a pulp or comic cover.

It happens :whistle:

A whole new subgenre :applause:

Not even in the same league with what you guys are posting but it's my first Shadow pulp. I wasn't really planning on buying it but now it's mine

ShadowJuly151942_small.jpg

and I love it... even though I won it with my tracking bid. :cry:

Tell you what, if you want to see it for your tracking bid, plus 25%, I am a buyer. Cool pulp, and I don't own any Shadows...or many pulps at all for that matter.

I've read that the cover does not actually reference the Buck Rogers story, but I prefer to think otherwise. Very nice! You have to love the knickers on the girl - so 1920s.

The cover actually depicts the Skylark of Space, which gives this issue even more significance as it's also the 1st published story by E.E. "Doc" Smith. Smith was one of the most popular sf authors of the 30s and 40s.

For the actual 1st (and only) cover appearance of Buck Rogers, look to the March 1929 issue (but you aren't going to like it).

maybe not the classic 'Buck' but certainly a fine cover (image from web)

amazing_stories_192903.jpg

(thumbs u Colorful Paul art and the only issue of Amazing sporting a Buck Rogers cover. Nowlan's first Roger's story (August '28) isn't cover featured, but the anti-grav cover on that earlier book is killer. :headbang:

If memory serves, this issue was next to last Gernsback edited Amazing. I have a nice copy of the March '29 issue in my collection and will eventually get around to scanning some images.