• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who is up for a Mega-Con Forum dinner, Friday (or Sat) March 7 or 8?

90 posts in this topic

State your name and occupation for the record please.

I have no idea where it will be, but past dinners have always been right down International Drive at such places as Vito's Chop house (Excellent, but not for the faint of wallet), Tony Romas (don't laugh, it wasn't too bad, especially since they put us comic geeks in the back room away from the normal patrons), & the Crab Shack (best cocunut shrimp I ever had).

So, if you're up for it, sign up here and offer a suggestion as to location....preferably somewhere close to the Convention center, and along I-drive...so any out of town Boob like me can find it.

And Mike, before you even suggest it, the titty bar that serves a mean steak is not under consideration....again..... lol

Name:joeypost

Occupation: Least technical manager you can have in a software company

Dislikes: Mean people and comic haters

Education: Yes

What I want to be when I grow up: Spiderman

Not surprised it was Mike.

If I can convince my wife to have our baby at Mike's MegaCon booth then I will attend the dinner no matter what titty bar Mike insists upon.

I will not have a booth this year. Instead of having to sell $3000 worth of stuff just to make a decent profit margin, I'll take that booth money there to spend on more books.

BTW, I think I will actually make the forum dinner this year .

Big Turk,

I'll be there one of those days, be it Saturday or Friday. Whichever day you are leaning toward having the dinner just lmk or post it here so I'll come that day. I'm going to be traveling that week and don't want to my wife off any more than I have to by going to the show for more than one day/over-nite. I prefer SAturday buit no problem if a Friday.

Doug Schmell (comic fiend)

Sure wish I could make it. I'm overdue for an Orlando trip (one of my best bud's lives there). Maybe I can make it happen next year. hm

Some great bars in Orlando. Great town to party in. Oh, the stories I could tell... :cloud9:

Sure wish I could make it. I'm overdue for an Orlando trip (one of my best bud's lives there). Maybe I can make it happen next year. hm

Some great bars in Orlando. Great town to party in. Oh, the stories I could tell... :cloud9:

Its a great show Chris. I think it is just as good as Heroes. Very similar in size & talent.

It is better for you to wait until next year anyway, that way we can hang at one of those bars: no babies due next year :wishluck:

BTW, I think I will actually make the forum dinner this year .

I'll believe that when I see it! :juggle:

I am ready for dinner on Friday or Saturday. Nice to see that Doug S. will be able to join us. Maybe we can gather a fairly nice turn out.

Its a great show Chris. I think it is just as good as Heroes. Very similar in size & talent.

It is better for you to wait until next year anyway, that way we can hang at one of those bars: no babies due next year :wishluck:

Yeah, and I'll be 21. :acclaim:

I just remembered something I have on that Friday! NO DINNER ON FRIDAY please! Gotta make it Saturday people!

I have had several requests for Friday, and now for Saturday...personally, I don't care....but we gotta settle on one.

Okay, assuming its Saturday, who wouldn't be able to make it?

And Doug, any chance that Steve Filosa can make it? I haven't seen him on the boards for the better part of a year, and I know he was slowly looking at getting out of comics. But he'd be welcome if he wanted to attend.... :foryou:

I just remembered something I have on that Friday! NO DINNER ON FRIDAY please! Gotta make it Saturday people!

I have had several requests for Friday, and now for Saturday...personally, I don't care....but we gotta settle on one.

And Doug, any chance that Steve Filosa can make it? I haven't seen him on the boards for the better part of a year, and I know he was slowly looking at getting out of comics. But he'd be welcome if he wanted to attend.... :foryou:

lol Funny thing. I was thinking of FX. I am busy the Friday of FX, not MegaCon. So Friday is okay with me (thumbs u

lol Funny thing. I was thinking of FX. I am busy the Friday of FX, not MegaCon. So Friday is okay with me (thumbs u

NOW you tell me after I extend some PM invitations for a Saturday dinner.... :frustrated: