• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annoying seller of the day: buckeyebazaar

23 posts in this topic

price it with a higher starting bid (24.99 or 34.99), then hold or lower prices if things don't sell.

Darth,

That's exactly what happened with the books I listed here. I knew they would grade out at 9.4 or better, and thought they would go for $24.94 minimum. They didn't, so I dropped them to $19.94 and...voila!

Side note: I always get a kick out of people when they begin their listings at $10 instead of $9.99 or $25 instead of $24.99. That extra 1c equals about double in listing fees, and that adds up when you post 100's of ads per month! makepoint.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

Rick

Still cheaper than paying for the slab fee and shipping.

Actually, no.

$12 grading + 1.25s/h-ins + .75c book + 1.30 ebay fees = $15.30 my out of pocket expense

$20 price + 6.95 s/h (no ins) = $26.95 selling total

Slabbing the book is actually appx 43% cheaper.

Actually, yes.

$12 grading + 1.25 s/h-ins + .75c book = $14.00 or $28.00 for two books

$20 my bid for the two books = 6.95 s/h (no ins) = $26.96

Slabbing the book is more expensive for me to obtain the book, by a small margin. Although as you point out, the grade is known already.