• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watchmen insanity

9 posts in this topic

Doesn't seem right does it? There must be some big differences in availability of each issue in the series. Several can be picked up for well under $100 BINs.

I have a #12 in 9.8, but that seems to be the cheapest one to find.

This auction in particular blew me away :screwy::o

Watchmen #4 CGC 9.8

What's really crazy is that the buyer SOLD a 9.6 for $11.49:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170182383511

Hard to believe that a 9.8 meant that much more to him than the 9.6 that he already had :odoh!:insane:(shrug)

And now the seller of the 9.8 has a #4 9.6 for sale... hm

I wasn't surprised by the first price on the #4 considering one had not gone up for auction in over a year and a half, but the second that ended just two days later for $200 more... (shrug)

Top Notch Comics has a never ending supply of 9.6s and certain 9.8s. When one of the 9.8s he usually doesn't have comes up, people go insane.

This auction in particular blew me away :screwy::o

Watchmen #4 CGC 9.8

What's really crazy is that the buyer SOLD a 9.6 for $11.49:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170182383511

Hard to believe that a 9.8 meant that much more to him than the 9.6 that he already had :odoh!:insane:(shrug)

I'm not sure if he's a collector. There was a 9.8 #4 that came up as a BIN last week for $349 which he snapped up in 45 minutes. Previously he was the only guy with 9.8 #6s via ebay having bought two through BINs. Also took over a year for a #6 to go up for auction.

there hasn't been an #11 in 9.8 on ebay for a while if i remember correctly- my #11 9.8 is on its way back from sarasota if you happen to know the underbidder.

I don't "know" him but I know which ebay user it is. Before the one that just ended, there had not been a 9.8 #11 for awhile. Another one just went up this evening.