• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is ebay about to end all sniping?

322 posts in this topic

And unless somebody proves to me that they save money by using a sniping service, I will call such services useless. And these mythical "shills", and "punishment bidders" that are so abundant that you have to look around every corner before bidding really don't count. If they're so common, point me to 5 auctions where somebody, anybody, lost money by regular bidding instead of sniping.

How do you keep the sand out of your nose when your head's constantly buried in it?

Nice proof... Get your doctoral from statements like that? :)

Actually, I got my doctorate by studying prehistoric man.

Would you like me to tell you a little about Stannum Limpus Erectus?

Sure, since Limpus Erectus would be an oxymoron.

If you leave out the "oxy" part, you've got a pretty good one word description of him.

:Winnah:

mojr1.jpg

That was actually funny. Consider me shocked and awed.

And unless somebody proves to me that they save money by using a sniping service, I will call such services useless. And these mythical "shills", and "punishment bidders" that are so abundant that you have to look around every corner before bidding really don't count. If they're so common, point me to 5 auctions where somebody, anybody, lost money by regular bidding instead of sniping.

How do you keep the sand out of your nose when your head's constantly buried in it?

Nice proof... Get your doctoral from statements like that? :)

Actually, I got my doctorate by studying prehistoric man.

Would you like me to tell you a little about Stannum Limpus Erectus?

Sure, since Limpus Erectus would be an oxymoron.

If you leave out the "oxy" part, you've got a pretty good one word description of him.

:Winnah:

mojr1.jpg

That was actually funny. Consider me shocked and awed.

How about dumbfounded? You did seem a little dumbfounded too.