• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Comico's Grendel 3-issue series by Matt Wagner

2 posts in this topic

I posted this in the Copper thread but no one has responded:

If anyone enjoys this series but did not get the 20th anniversary HC - I highly recommend it!

My question is, did Wagner ever answer or continue what happened after #3? I know Devil By the Deed goes over the history in a broad swath and covers it - but did Wagner ever explain why the series ended at #3 on a cliffhanger and if he ever plotted out more issues and what was supposed to happen? It appears that the rooftop storytelling was to culminate in a battle to the death, which Rose loses...but I was wondering if Wagner ever explained what happened at Comico after issue #3...

And to bring it back on topic - if anyone knows of or would be interested in parting with any of the art from any of these issues or from Primer #2 - please let me know!

i read a while back an interview with him where he decided to switch to color, got Mage going, then decided to finish off the BW sory as back features in Mage. As far as he was concerned, that WAS the resolution of the BW series.

hope that helps!