• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your Childhood Pics with Comics and "Dolls" --- Let's see 'em!

56 posts in this topic

Collin's thread with the awesome box of toys and figures from his childhood inspired me to dig through an album of childhood photos that my folks handed down to me recently . . . I knew I recognized that Karate Big Jim!

Here are a few that I found, and I'd love to see more of the same :cloud9:

Here I am, little silverage12c, at the tender age of 6 --- playing with Big Jim and his karate studio (dojo?). This set was so cool --- you could use his karate-action arm to smash the breakaway props. Note all the Hot Wheels in the background . . . like most boys, I had dozens of these:

bj-karate.jpg

Fast forward to age 7, and I expanded the Big Jim estate with the most awesome "Lazervette" (I Wiki'd it, it was really called "lazervette"). A button near the gear shift would make the laser guns pop out of the hood. I think that's the first time I played with my sister's Barbie, and Jim took her for a ride :shy:

bj-corvette.jpg

Finally, at age 10 now, kicking back with an issue of Marvel Fun & Games. Wish I still had the 6-pack :o

puzzles.jpg

That shag carpet rules!!

Yup . . . that was taken at my grandparents' house, I think. They had one of those weird plastic "rakes" that people would use to clean crumbs and stuff off of the floor. There were probably buckets of lego pieces and marbles lost in that shag jungle over the years.

Great photos.....what you've got a keg these days?

I know I've got some pretty funny photos from the era to share.....I'll see what I can dig up too...along with the next box next week.

Collin's thread with the awesome box of toys and figures from his childhood inspired me to dig through an album of childhood photos that my folks handed down to me recently . . . I knew I recognized that Karate Big Jim!

Here are a few that I found, and I'd love to see more of the same :cloud9:

Here I am, little silverage12c, at the tender age of 6 --- playing with Big Jim and his karate studio (dojo?). This set was so cool --- you could use his karate-action arm to smash the breakaway props. Note all the Hot Wheels in the background . . . like most boys, I had dozens of these:

You would not happen to have The Big Jims Pack Promo comic from Marvel would you? hm

26 bucks for a VGish copy :eek:

It is tough. I've had two dozen Evel Knievels and got Mark Arrand's undercopy of Star Team. I've never seen a Big Jim's P.A.C.K. except in pictures. :luhv:

Same here! Have the other two but never saw in person the Big Jims PACK. That kinda sounds funny. :sick: I want to see Big Jims PACK? lol