• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beautiful run of CGC Gold Batman - Board members 1st shot - #3 - #30

45 posts in this topic

Included are Batman issues:

30, CGC 9.0 c/ow pages - War cover, Penguin story - $1,650.00

28, CGC 9.2 ow/w pages - Joker story - $2,350.00 ** Sale Pending**

27, CGC 9.2 D copy pedigree ow/w pages - Christmas cover, Penguin story - $3,150.00

26, CGC 8.5 White pages - $1,425.00

24, CGC 9.2 c/ow pages - $2,400.00

23, CGC 9.0 D copy pedigree ow/w pages - Classic Joker cover - $3250.00

22, CGC 9.0 ow/w pages - $1,800.00

19, CGC 9.0 ow/w pages - Joker story - $2,500.00

14, CGC 8.5 White pages - 1st Penguin cover in Batman - $2,950.00

13, CGC 9.2 ow/w pages - $6,250.00 **considering 2 offers but still available**

6, CGC 9.2 ow/w pages - $13,350.00

5, CGC 9.0 ow/w pages - Joker story, 1st Batmobile - $9,950.00

5, CGC 9.2 White pages - Joker story, 1st Batmobile - $15,950.00

3, CGC 8.5 ow pages - 1st Catwoman in costume - $8950.00

None of the books have ever been re-submited.

Let me know if you are interested

Here are the rest of the scans:

Wish I had the cash for the 9.0 #5. Lovely book, and one of my favs as it has the same logo and coloring as the #1, which most of you know is my all-time fav.

Great books Mark. :cloud9:

Wish I had the cash for the 9.0 #5. Lovely book, and one of my favs as it has the same logo and coloring as the #1, which most of you know is my all-time fav.

I agree, the book is really beautiful. No question it was rated a NM back in the days before CGC.

I remember my 1st copy I ever bought. It was back in 1973 and I bought it through Passiac Book center. It was listed as a FN but a lot of the black ink was re-colored with a marker. It didn't bother me much because it was a Batman #5 and I was thrilled to own it. For some reason, it has always been my favorite cover too, and there were some great ones from those early years (#11, 13, 8, 9, 3, 7, 6...... hmm... I guest most issues were nice covers) But #5 seems to have it all.

Anyone else feel this way?

I agree, the book is really beautiful. No question it was rated a NM back in the days before CGC.

I remember my 1st copy I ever bought. It was back in 1973 and I bought it through Passiac Book center. It was listed as a FN but a lot of the black ink was re-colored with a marker. It didn't bother me much because it was a Batman #5 and I was thrilled to own it. For some reason, it has always been my favorite cover too, and there were some great ones from those early years (#11, 13, 8, 9, 3, 7, 6...... hmm... I guest most issues were nice covers) But #5 seems to have it all.

Anyone else feel this way?

Most definitely! Batman towering over Gotham holding the scales of justice! To me it was a little more reminiscent of the early Batman Detective covers, like #31 which is probably my all time favorite "Batman" cover.

Good luck with the sale - it's a beaut!

Thanks to all who took the time to look at the pics and be a part of this thread.

Thanks for the offers and consideration. I will try this again with other books in the future (giving 1st chance to Board members).

Starting later today, I will be offering these books and others on my web site and removing the pics from this thread.

Mark