• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What GA comics have lost the most "respect" since Church collection was found?

49 posts in this topic

Someone around here mentioned Whiz #2 used to be an ultra key boook, but that it has lost a lot of its allure since the late 1970's (when the Church collection was found). :(

I also think the first Flash Gordon in Four Color was considered an ultra key issue back then.

What other former key and semi-key issues from the 1940's have lost a lot of their popularity in the last 30 years? (I don't specifically mean the Church copies, I just mean the issue itself in general).

In the early guides the Large Feature books were priced in the realm of Action 1 and Detective 27. So was this...

singleseries20.jpg

It was important before the Church collection was found but I'm pretty sure Feature Book #26 (reprints of Prince Valiant by Hal Foster) was worth hundreds of dollars in the 60s and was one of "the" books to have. I think it guides for something like $1000 right now.

That's an extremely nice looking copy you have there. :cloud9:

Thank you, Sir! That means alot coming from you... :blush:

why is this question posed around the Church find?

Was it just a coincedence about timing, or did the Church find *cause* the "loss of respect" in some way? Lots of copies of some of these books being talked about were found? (sorry for the ignorant question)

I mentioned CHURCH because someone was talking about the Church copy of Whiz #2 in another thread, and how that book had lost a lot of its prestige since the Church copy had been found. Not that copy, just that issue in general.

Great books!

Do you really want to sully "General" with all that cool old stuff?

Hey! Nobody comes over and pizzes in your sand box. (tsk)

That's true. We haven't had any X-Men posted over there in a while.

I am sure Jeff will apologize very soon.

Great books!

Hey! Nobody comes over and pizzes in your sand box. (tsk)

That's true. We haven't had any X-Men posted over there in a while.

I am sure Jeff will apologize very soon.

Actually I think Mutant Keys did post an X-Men in Gold one time. hm

since Church?? ALL Captain Marvel, and Donald Duck Keys were right there with the Superhero book keys. EC's have definitely lost some luster, since where they were in '77. Several of the early four colors were right there too, NO longer.

Great books!

Well, they asked... (shrug)

BTW, I'm sure I've said it before, but your Central Valley SS 20 is the greatest book EVA!!! (worship)

Thanks! I'm partial to it myself.

Adam Strange got the Central Valley Prince Valiant you posted above.

SWEET book as well!