• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So whats the lowest a ff#1 has ever gone for?..

57 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering ... toying with the idea of even trying to pick up a copy even if its uber beat up... Though if I did pick up a copy I would want at least the cover to be in fairly decent shape with no rips if thats even possible? I wouldn't really care about the shape of the rest of the book as long as the front cover for the most part is intact... cause frankly if you dare to frame it or get it cgced even if its a a grade of 1.0 the cover is the part you look at the most!

Whats the most beat up piece of trash you guys have ever seen for a ff#1?..

I'm really just wondering about shape and price here...

I'm just wondering ... toying with the idea of even trying to pick up a copy even if its uber beat up... Though if I did pick up a copy I would want at least the cover to be in fairly decent shape with no rips if thats even possible? I wouldn't really care about the shape of the rest of the book as long as the front cover for the most part is intact... cause frankly if you dare to frame it or get it cgced even if its a a grade of 1.0 the cover is the part you look at the most!

Whats the most beat up piece of trash you guys have ever seen for a ff#1?..

I'm really just wondering about shape and price here...

Metropolis has one that fits your bill at the moment, though there are some rips to the FC..

Asking price is $900.

How much does a coverless go for ? $400 ??

I "kind of" constantly track this book (along with AF #15) on eBay for about the last 9 years. In the Market today you are probably looking to get a RAW Good to Very Good on eBay for around the $800 to $1300 range (yes, it varies that much). Granted there is NO guarantee book will grade out at that, Just appears that way from the pictures. A Straight good CGC 2.0 is going to be at least $1000++ on eBay. You can possibly pick up a fair to good in the $500 -$800 range on that book on eBay (But never really sure on the page count on these books).....Amazing Fantasy #15's are MUCH higher, I've seen Books in the 2.0 Raw range go for OVER $2000 many times (and NO guarantee if it will grade out).

Now is it even worth owning a beat up copy like this or should one just shell out and pay for one in a bit finer shape?.. Will this book ever go down in value or up?.. I wonder if marvel will ever redo and remake the FF movies?.. Spiderman movies seem to have affected the price on spidey books greatly!

How many people here even have a FF #1?.. Why not tell us what you paid for it now and post you're pic of it ?:)

I sold a 1.8 copy on the boards for $800 last year.

Got a pic?.. Would give me an idea of what a 1.8 looks like?

I have owned 2 copies of FF #1, I currently own 1, The one I currently own I paid $598 for it back in middle 2002 on eBay. It graded out as a CGC 3.5 unrestored (I Submitted it after I got it). I got a VERY good price for this in 2002, similar books were going for probably $200-300 more, even back then. There is always demand for Super-Keys, and yes they DO go up in value.

Now is it even worth owning a beat up copy like this or should one just shell out and pay for one in a bit finer shape?.. Will this book ever go down in value or up?.. I wonder if marvel will ever redo and remake the FF movies?.. Spiderman movies seem to have affected the price on spidey books greatly!

How many people here even have a FF #1?.. Why not tell us what you paid for it now and post you're pic of it ?:)

This is the 2.0 that Metro has up for $900.

Closest I could find in the range you are looking for

51204-ff.jpg.67e15483fc34183c650f4bf15d988b48.jpg

the correct answer is "5 cents" at a garage sale where someone crossed out the 10 cents and marked it down to 5 cents because it was old and therefore didn't have as much value as a new comic

A poster came here and told us how he found one for free in the garbage a few years back.

I think it graded out a 3.0 due to water damage? (shrug)

Or was t a 2.0... hm

I take that back. I graded it 2.0 and sold it for $850 in a bulk deal. The original asking price was $1100 (which was GPA at the time).

FantasticFour_001.jpg

FantasticFour_001_bk.jpg