• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So whats the lowest a ff#1 has ever gone for?..

57 posts in this topic

How many people here even have a FF #1?.. Why not tell us what you paid for it now and post you're pic of it ?:)

Here's mine. 2.0 and paid $400 for in 1993. Some old guy grabbed a Sharpie and wrote his name on it... Stanely or something like that.

FantasticFour_001-1.jpg

How many people here even have a FF #1?.. Why not tell us what you paid for it now and post you're pic of it ?:)

I bought this for $1,000 from Steve Ritter at a con in 2002. Probably Good+.

fffrontblog.jpg

I sold the G+ on ebay for $1,100 in 2003 after purchasing my next copy (below).

Bought for $857 on ebay in 2003. Around 5.5. It has a few small marker hits to the cover, but it was so minor and the price was right, so I decided to keep it.

FF001.jpg

Bought for $857 on ebay in 2003. Around 5.5. It has a few small marker hits to the cover, but it was so minor and the price was right, so I decided to keep it.

FF001.jpg

8 - 8 :cloud9:

I'm just wondering ... toying with the idea of even trying to pick up a copy even if its uber beat up... Though if I did pick up a copy I would want at least the cover to be in fairly decent shape with no rips if thats even possible? I wouldn't really care about the shape of the rest of the book as long as the front cover for the most part is intact... cause frankly if you dare to frame it or get it cgced even if its a a grade of 1.0 the cover is the part you look at the most!

Whats the most beat up piece of trash you guys have ever seen for a ff#1?..

I'm really just wondering about shape and price here...

I got one for five cents when I was a kid. It was at a used book store and had a big number five written on it.

I have owned 4 copies in the past 13 years. My first I bought in 1995 for $1,000 and it was a solid GD from Four Color Comics. Sold that copy 3 years later for $850 ( I recall FF 1 hitting $1,100 in good then slipping to $700-$800 around '97-98). So, in 2.0 it's fluctuated from $700-$1,200 guide since the early 90s to my knowledge. My 2nd copy came in 2001 off eBay at a BIN for $1,500 CGC 3.5 cr/ow. I picked up a 3rd copy in 2004 in solid 2.5 with slight amateur color touch. I traded a USA 10 in app VG Mod(A) + a 4.5 ASM 7+$200 for it. Sold that copy on C-link for $1,000 a year later...my 4th and current copy is a solid 2.0/2.5 with no chipping and decent eye appeal that I got for $800 (thumbs u

Now is it even worth owning a beat up copy like this or should one just shell out and pay for one in a bit finer shape?.. Will this book ever go down in value or up?.. I wonder if marvel will ever redo and remake the FF movies?.. Spiderman movies seem to have affected the price on spidey books greatly!

I sold a 1.8 copy on the boards for $800 last year.

Got a pic?.. Would give me an idea of what a 1.8 looks like?

Paid out the gazoo for this puppy in the Heritage 8/07 auction. Best SA cover out there and it's Kirby at his VERY best! It's been a heckuva long (and expensive) trek since the first G+ I owned in '89...

51213-ff1cropped.jpg.aa30fb18cdde2c4b4a4e3a6f5a98ee0d.jpg

51214-ff1front.jpg.5b9ca39084771579920df31a06f339e5.jpg

51215-smallfront.JPG.dfb9ddf2db0f3fa53054848b050c2df8.JPG

Now is it even worth owning a beat up copy like this or should one just shell out and pay for one in a bit finer shape?.. Will this book ever go down in value or up?.. I wonder if marvel will ever redo and remake the FF movies?.. Spiderman movies seem to have affected the price on spidey books greatly!

I sold a 1.8 copy on the boards for $800 last year.

Got a pic?.. Would give me an idea of what a 1.8 looks like?

Paid out the gazoo for this puppy in the Heritage 8/07 auction. Best SA cover out there and it's Kirby at his VERY best! It's been a heckuva long (and expensive) trek since the first G+ I owned in '89...

Nice book!

Isn't this like the 20th thread you've shown it off? :baiting:

:jokealert:

FF001.jpg

8 - 8 :cloud9:

Looks much better than a mid 5. Pretty!

Call me odd, but I'd rather save up the extra $15,350 and spring for the #55 9.9! (thumbs u

Oh I see, thee was a sale of a 9.6 on pedigree the other night for $3,000, and went straight to Doug's set. (I had to approve the transfer on the registry, though I was the earlier previous owner).

So Doug slipp's 2 grades on the #55, and pockets $13,000 for the previlage lol

Call me odd, but I'd rather save up the extra $15,350 and spring for the #55 9.9! (thumbs u

Oh I see, thee was a sale of a 9.6 on pedigree the other night for $3,000, and went straight to Doug's set. (I had to approve the transfer on the registry, though I was the earlier previous owner).

So Doug slipp's 2 grades on the #55, and pockets $13,000 for the previlage lol

Nice. For 13K.......I'd put up with a single spine break or slightly rounded corner as well. :insane: