• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Convention, Yorba Linda, CA, February 10th 2008

23 posts in this topic

just got back from the convention. i had a great time. free parking, and by the time i got there (just after 4pm), the entrance fee was waived. i was kind of rushing when i got there. i stayed for about 30 mins. i bought at least one book from every dealer except the newer books in the back (near the movie tapes).

each dealer brought a nice selection (IMO) of books. everyone had copper/bronze books for 1/2 off or 20% off. i picked up detective comics 532 and 548, captain america 231, and conan #8. all for about $20.

I was next to the dealer selling the movie tapes - no new stuff..... :sorry:

It was in the same building as last year, so it was pretty much the same size. By 4 PM a lot of people were already packing up. I think most of the dealers on the outstide patio area left by then. The show started off strong, but by the end of the day it definitely slowed down and I think the only thing keeping that many people around was that there was a raffle going on. Once that last raffle finished the place got empty quick.

I think there were closer to 20 dealers all together, counting the 5 that were outside on the patio area.

MikeS