• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, I give in! What are Wacky Packages?

25 posts in this topic

the other day i saw a guy with big uncut sheets of these on the street with other krap he looked like he was selling and I was tempted to see what he wanted for them (probably too much if he saw a suit asking for the price, which is what i was in at the time). but i didn't know which series these were and in the back of my head i sort of remember there being a lot of uncut sheets of one WP series out there at least.

loved these as a kid. somewhere i have a buch of them, though it was the late 70s series, so probably not rare.

the uncut sheets were probably the 1979 reissue, those sheets are common as air. 1st run wacky sheets from '67 - '75 would be very expensive & rare. Wackies are some of my favorite things in the world! Original stickers will run $1 - $2500 each, with the 1st diecut set from '67 and the last set from '75 being the most expensive. Easiest way to tell if you have an original is the back. If it's blank it's a 1st run, if it's got printing, like a puzzle piece or checklist it's a common re-issue from '79/80

shiver, now i see where you got your inspiration!

yeah, i wasn't playing with the '75 or earlier stuff. I was too young. I probably got them in 1979 and I remember the puzzle pieces on the back.