• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 128 Classic Boozing cover/ with movie out soon HOT book!

81 posts in this topic

The books selling very well already. Whats gonna happen after the movie? Well it shows Tony Stark as a pathetic drunk, I think it will be highly sought after.

I suspect this issue will be highly sought after as well...

182-1.jpg

Jim

The books selling very well already. Whats gonna happen after the movie? Well it shows Tony Stark as a pathetic drunk, I think it will be highly sought after.

I suspect this issue will be highly sought after as well...

182-1.jpg

Jim

I have 6 or 7 of that issue. Its just a sweet cover, wouldnt be surprised to see that one get a nudge in value.

9.6 just sold on ebay for $222.50

Missed that. Nice price! Not surprising though, that's the first 9.6 or better I've seen for sale in months, and I have been looking.

The 182 is a great cover too. I might have to have one of those.

Hmm.....looks like I will have to check my copies to see if there are any 9.6 candidates. :wishluck:
How did the one from Super World turn out?

Been buying these up myself for a few months. (thumbs u

What is the consensus on the Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger issues - 163, 198, and 200?

Doesn't seem to be any movement yet? Think these will go up this Spring and Summer?

If I was a betting man, I'd go with 200 - anniversary issue, 1st Iron Monger.

No one is really going to care about Stane, and if Iron Monger is cool in the movie, that comic has definite room to move.

No one is really going to care about Stane, and if Iron Monger is cool in the movie, that comic has definite room to move.

I agree, the books revolving around stark, his origin, and his drinking issues will be hot. The obidiah stane stuff, I think 200 could do well. But this isnt some A list villian.

If you look at the other villians and extras in the other marvel movies you will see a trend in more A list characters. Dr.Doom, Silver Surfer, Magneto, Brotherhood of evil mutants, Dark Phoenix, Bullseye. Also my money goes on TTA 91 I Think 1st abomination, im looking for a HG copy of this and no luck yet.

My gues is Obidiah will make this list. Gen. Thunderbolt Ross, Blackheart.

That book was the first Iron Man I bought off the rack since around 1978. I had just gotten into comics "full time" when that book came out and can still remember reading it. I of course had no clue what was going on, but man, was it cool anyway!!

Sweet, just learned that both of my copies graded 9.6. I love Doug Sulipa's 9.2s :cloud9:

Sweet, just learned that both of my copies graded 9.6. I love Doug Sulipa's 9.2s :cloud9:

Very nice :applause:

I see there's still just the one 9.8 out there. I half expected a glut of them to appear.