• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got another cracked cgc case

37 posts in this topic

Well I paid the guy $10 for shipping and even asked him how he was going to ship it(USPS priority mail) but it arrived in a bubble wrap envelope and the lower left corner is shattered. The question though is what to do next? The guy said I could send the comic back and he would refund the money but I really want this comic. It's a SS 9.8 and they are only 13 showing in the registry. Should I ask for a partial refund so I can send it off to get reholdered? Think it might come back a 9.6 if I do? Or should I just send it back, get my refund, and hope another one comes along?

What issue

If there is a good chance of getting another ss9.8 in the next few months for the same price I would get a full refund

If not, and you think there has been no damge to the comic for the holder, I would ask for the resub amount.

If just the corner is crushed and the rest is still sealed CGC shouldn't re-grade, just put it in a new holder.

Ask for the reholdering fee ($11) for the refund. Hopefully you have other stuff going so you can combine shipping costs.

Well he refunded me $11 for the reholdering fee and I'll just add the comic to my box when I send in my next shipment to CGC. Here is the damage:

bottom.jpg

Save this thread and repost once you get it back.

I sure everyone will want to know if the inner shell protected it enough to maintain the 9.8 grade.

Well he refunded me $11 for the reholdering fee and I'll just add the comic to my box when I send in my next shipment to CGC. Here is the damage:

bottom.jpg

Save this thread and repost once you get it back.

I sure everyone will want to know if the inner shell protected it enough to maintain the 9.8 grade.

you are correct Aces.

Well he is a class act above the insufficiently_thoughtful_person I got my cracked cgc from! the guy I got mine from told me return it for a refund or get it reholdered for the $11 at my cost :S well duh it would cost about $11 to return it ya dumb **** GRRR!

Must ... not ... go... into RANT!!!

I'll just post this purdy pic

brokecgc1.jpg

Funny I got charged $10 for ship as well (:

Oh yeah what wolverine book did you pick uP ?:)

Well, here's one more thing. Will it still get a yellow label now? I was under the impression if an SS book got cracked outside the hands of a witness it couldn't retain the yellow label. It sounds like I'm wrong, but I'd like to verify this here.

Well, here's one more thing. Will it still get a yellow label now? I was under the impression if an SS book got cracked outside the hands of a witness it couldn't retain the yellow label. It sounds like I'm wrong, but I'd like to verify this here.

Hmm...... hm

You're right. If the rules are adhered to....the book will come back a GLOD.

bottom.jpg

Corner post is gone. The book will have to be regraded unfortunately. :sorry:

The what now?.. Are there rules to reslabing a cracked case?..