• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Major Comics Theft Foiled at MHC

26 posts in this topic

He turns a sympathetic theft report into a sales pitch in the same breath. Impressive.

I had a customer buy an eBay MH comic that was out of stock. MH posted + feedback to him saying fast payment but too bad, so sad. Oy vey!

So let me get this straight.

Perp steals the CC number from somewhere else and just happens to attempt to buy comics using that number at Mile High, where the card owner is a customer? Am I misinterpreting this?

I actually found it this weekend that my debit card was copied and someone tried to use it. The bank canceled my card (and notified me about 24 hours later) but informed me that someone tried to withdraw about $480 with a bunch of stolen or copied debit cards!

It does happen!

when someone stole the credit card information of one of our customers, and tried to use it to order nearly $7, 000.00 in the prime Silver Age Marvel comics

Must have tried to buy a 1.0 Hulk 1 and a 1.5 ASM 1 at the same time to get to $7000 on his site.

:eek:

You'd think just the NM X-Men 94 alone would be $7,000.

(shrug)