• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST: ROUND 17

143 posts in this topic

3 more after this one, and I promise to make them just as easy as the previous 3 :D

3 rounds?..Well heck... I can still crack the top ten then!

Woot!

:headbang:

Four GRADING rounds left including this one... So you can make an additional 20 points potentially. :wishluck:

ROFLMAO!

:signfunny:

if your name isn't TORO, lol

They are not ;)

Besides, this is a grading contest, not check the census contest. You gain nothing by doing that except for cheating (shrug) which is pretty sad if you ask me :sumo:

I started out using the census to 'check' my estimates, and to rule out grades that weren't even on the census! But I kinda knew it didn't guarantee anything, since the census updates slowly.

The kicker was that last round, where I estimated a grade of 7.5, checked the census, and persuaded myself that it must be 5.0 instead. So I swapped a 5 for a -2 doh!

They are not ;)

Besides, this is a grading contest, not check the census contest. You gain nothing by doing that except for cheating (shrug) which is pretty sad if you ask me :sumo:

In a word . . . pathetic. :sumo:

In the very first grading contest, we had people hacking Nik's photo account and using his serial submission numbers to get the grades from CGC's database doh! I won't mention any names, but they did very well . . . :devil:

They are not ;)

In the very first grading contest, we had people hacking Nik's photo account and using his serial submission numbers to get the grades from CGC's database doh! I won't mention any names, but they did very well . . . :devil:

:o how sad.

I started out using the census to 'check' my estimates, and to rule out grades that weren't even on the census! But I kinda knew it didn't guarantee anything, since the census updates slowly.

The kicker was that last round, where I estimated a grade of 7.5, checked the census, and persuaded myself that it must be 5.0 instead. So I swapped a 5 for a -2 doh!

I started to do that in the 2004 or 2005 contest. I felt a book was a 9.4, but there was only a 9.6 and a 9.2 in the census. So I picked the 9.6 and got it wrong, it was a 9.4. The census could be used as a tool if it is updated on a daily basis. But it my case it made me feel like a tool for going against what I felt the grade actual was.

They are not ;)

:sorry:

They are not ;)

Are you serious? How is it that I never heard tell of this.....

They are not ;)

I've really enjoyed this contest.

It's a great bit of fun because of the efforts made by those runnin it.

Personally I have never thought I'd win..but it would be nice not to embarrass myself, which i don't think I have.

As for checking the census...well thats takin' things way too seriously IMO. :screwy:

You should have the courage of your own convictions...and remember its fun..not win at all costs.

After all if you win what does it mean?...that you're the current best at grading from a scan (shrug)

Its a fun contest...keep a perspective (thumbs u

2c

They are not ;)

I've really enjoyed this contest.

It's a great bit of fun because of the efforts made by those runnin it.

Personally I have never thought I'd win..but it would be nice not to embarrass myself, which i don't think I have.

As for checking the census...well thats takin' things way too seriously IMO. :screwy:

You should have the courage of your own convictions...and remember its fun..not win at all costs.

After all if you win what does it mean?...that you're the current best at grading from a scan (shrug)

Its a fun contest...keep a perspective (thumbs u

2c

:jokealert:

They are not ;)

Are you serious? How is it that I never heard tell of this.....

They knew you were a tattle tale like Cindy Brady

Under 4 hours and still waiting on 38 people :tonofbricks:

All seriousness if anyone does not feel like finishing the next 3 rounds, just let me know and I will remove you instead of making everyone else wait.

All seriousness if anyone does not feel like finishing the next 3 rounds, just let me know and I will remove you instead of making everyone else wait.

If you didn't coddle them in the earlier rounds, they would actually fear you.

I guess they feel like I really enjoy waiting on them during the last 10 minutes before the round closes lol

I guess they feel like I really enjoy waiting on them during the last 10 minutes before the round closes lol

As much as I like to harass yer azz, my guess is in usually within the first hour of seeing your overgraded books.