• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: US stock market set to crash Tuesday morning

172 posts in this topic

this thread was flee-marquette like hysterical. talk about panicking at the bottom

if that article kimik posted from MSN is even half-right, the bottom's a bit further down than we saw last week...

I can't help but feel like I was being led along by my nose during this whole "crisis".There are a few who gain from these type of scares and they're probably slapping each other on the backs right about now , laughing at us. These are the same people who encouraged unsafe loans, who stirred up ridiculous buying frenzies on homes, who encourage envy, so that people overuse their credit cards and who ruin hobbies by artificially inflating prices. Once again, I can't tell you how disgusted I am with the greedy, who profit off the poor and laugh all the way to the bank.Sadly, this is a completely bi-partisan blood sport.

You guys are all hysterical - does anyone here invest with a 2-week timeframe? In the last downturn, it took almost 3 years for the Dow Jones Industrial Average to go from top (11,750) to bottom (7,197). In between, there were vicious rallies every 3 to 6 months, but all of them failed to take the market to new highs. The market is going to whip around as it is prone to do, but the underlying fundamental economic conditions are not changing with every whipsaw in the stock market.

Let's check back 12-18 months from now and see whether the October-January decline was just a blip or the start of something more sinister. I don't think anyone can say definitively which was the case just based on a week and a half rally after one of the nastiest declines I've ever seen.

And we'll see where collectibles prices are 12-18 months from now as well. :devil:

I hope the government goes after those lender who used deceptive practices in the whole subprime fiasco.

There is greed on both sides.

Greedy "buyers" who thought they can get a house for no money down... and maybe even get a check handed to them at closing so they can go out and spend more money that is not really theirs!

While my heart goes out to anyone who loses a home through misfortune no fault of their own, though it seems that most of these subprime "victims" are ignorant and greedy ding-dongs who signed a contract for hundreds of thousands of dollars without making any effort to understand what they were signing. Interest rates were at all time lows and these buffoons signed variable rate contracts when the only direction left was up. What did they expect? It never occured to people making $50K a year that a $500,000 home might be above their means?

Now, these "victims" are walking away from their homes without accepting any responsibility for their bad decision and without making any effort to right the situation because it's just easier for them to accept foreclosure and wash their hands of the whole affair. What do they care? They never put much if any down on the house, so it's someone elses problem now.

It's sick out there and getting sicker.