• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2008 GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 18

102 posts in this topic

I thought the weak upper left corner, and color rub along the spine there, plus the smudge on the back, would keep it at 9.0.

Ditto.

9.4 for this book is just friggin ridiculous. The color rub along the spine front and back is a flaw from storage... not production related. :makepoint: Plus there is a ding in the left edge back cover. :makepoint::makepoint:

Please note that anyone that sold me this book raw as a NM would be getting a return.

:P

I am pretty sure the book was a board purchase. In all fairness a scan of a black covered book always looks worse than the book in hand.

Having the book in hand, I would buy it over and over again regardless of what the haters say :cloud9:

I personally thought this book had a shot at a 9.6, now that would have been a trip if it came back at that grade lol

Having the book in hand, I would buy it over and over again regardless of what the haters say :cloud9:

I personally thought this book had a shot at a 9.6, now that would have been a trip if it came back at that grade lol

Don't bash the book... :foryou:

Bash on Nik............. :sumo:

:baiting:

I remember being upset I missed that book.

Try your luck and find out :baiting:

The one I submitted thinking 9.2 (maybe 9.4) came back 9.6. ^^

I think I'll stop while I'm ahead! :banana:

1 whopping book? ^^

Here on the boards :gossip:

I won a nice slabbed copy a few weeks later on ebay for around $140-150. So all in all I am OK. Happy for you it came back 9.4, if not you would have flushed a few dollars down the toilet with this one.

My grade and comments on this puppy:

Round 18: 9.4 :sumo:

Very light rubbing along spine - any less you got screwed, any more was a gift :grin:

Unless I see a time and date stamp on this quote I don't believe you :baiting:

I went with an 8.5 because of the spine scuffing and BC. I never would've thought the scuffing wouldn't count in the grade. Live & learn.

Believe me, I did. You should have seen the grades I got back early on when I first started. :)

My Grade was as follows........

Revise to 9.2 for the WWBN

Ok, I checked the scans again....based upon the smear being production related...I'm giving it a bump to 9.2.......I think the back cover spine dirtyness is overblown in the scan. I laughingly think you could even get a 9.4 but what do I know.

Nice copy.

Cheers,

Collin