• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

got a box of comics in ...

35 posts in this topic

I have had this happen to me a couple times.

Ask your post office to make sure, but i had to fill out the back of the packing slip that is attached to the package, and mail it in to the address given, along with a receipt, ( one time i just printed out the ebay page showing the final bid ) , and both times they sent me a cheque for the full amount i paid for customs :)

Good luck !

Yeah, that happened to me too and sending the a copy of the winning bid from the e-bay sell-site along with the packing slip will do the trick if it was sent by mail. :wishluck:

As I stated it was from these forums and not a ebay buy So theres no receipt for it either...

Paypal?

now theres an idea!

:headbang:

Wow!

I had a good idea this year already.

And it's still January!

:acclaim:

Well I got a box of comics in the mail today how ever the person I got em from marked em t a total value of "1543.95" for some reason & I got hit with a $82.50 customs fee... How do I go about getting my $ back from this?.. I can just go to the PO & will out some forms right?.. Cause I sure as heck did not pay $1543.95 for these books!! :D

:tonofbricks:

I have read of stuff like this happening to others but never have experienced it before my self ... Just wondering what I should be expecting to happen here :S

Try checking the back of the white form you signed when you picked up the package. It shows how you can ask for a refund.

I'm assuming Canada

I wanted to be certain.

If it is Canada then greggy is the man to ask.

He's the all-knowing Canada tax expert.

(worship)

Stop referring people to me, fool

I'm assuming Canada

I wanted to be certain.

(worship)

hm:popcorn:

well hopefully I should be able to get at least $75.40 of this back! I figure

30 @1.05 (gst on books & other such junk) = 31.80 so 1.80 for tax + there STOOPIDDDD $5 " handling fee" = 6.80...

So I'm going to mark 75.40 that I want back on the package! If they are going to hit me for $82.20 I'm going to hit them back for $75.40!!

Anyone know the tax rate that they charge in France on customs tariffs. I have some people that "did not receive" my ebay sellings and I intend to re-send them some things for the nice paypal chargeback they did to me. With some nice values on the customs forms.

As for how I know they DID receive them....they resold it on ebay under their id.

Duh

:hi:

Can you PM the informations about theses french scammers ?

Maybe i can help ? :wishluck:

Anyone know the tax rate that they charge in France on customs tariffs. I have some people that "did not receive" my ebay sellings and I intend to re-send them some things for the nice paypal chargeback they did to me. With some nice values on the customs forms.

As for how I know they DID receive them....they resold it on ebay under their id.

Duh

And people in the selling forum asked why I don't ship out side my country" THIS POST IS WHY" I'll stick to making money here in the U.S.

Sorry that this happened to you moonlite I hope you can recoupe something.

Thanks the one french guy hit me for $400 (well $200 after he negotiated it which is another reason I know he got it), and the current one is pending from an English guy, but its like $30. Neither one do I really hate to lose.

I'm assuming Canada

I wanted to be certain.

(worship)

hm:popcorn:

well hopefully I should be able to get at least $75.40 of this back! I figure

30 @1.05 (gst on books & other such junk) = 31.80 so 1.80 for tax + there STOOPIDDDD $5 " handling fee" = 6.80...

So I'm going to mark 75.40 that I want back on the package! If they are going to hit me for $82.20 I'm going to hit them back for $75.40!!

Who was the seller?

As I stated it was from these forums and not a ebay buy So theres no receipt for it either...

Why not just PM the seller?

He did :devil: I told him I would do whatever I could on my end. I am 100% sure this is a screwup at their end. The USPS site does not allow you to continue unless you enter in an amount that coincides with the # of items and the value declared. IF I declare $30 and I have 50 items I cannot have an item amount higher than $0.60 each. I

All of you know me and he will not be left holding the bag on this one.